Search results

1. Aaron Steinblock

2006 PD won't crank

Car has worked GREAT up til Monday. Stored in unheated garage (30F-40F) Key to on position, all lights come on normal Glow light comes on for 1-2 sec and then goes off No start, just a loud click from the engine bay - lights stay on in dash (so not like a low battery where everything flickers...
  2. Aaron Steinblock

Drone / Hum

My 06 Jetta DSG with 55K miles has developed a new drone / hum in the last week. It starts at 30mph and steadily gets louder and higher as I increase in speed. The sound is VERY similar to the noise from a small 'ricer' car (straight piped civic) from a block away (muted). The drone does...
  3. Aaron Steinblock

Remote sets alarm but doesn't lock doors

On my 2006 Jetta: If I push the 'lock' button on the remote it will chirp and set the alarm, but only locks the doors every third or fourth time (seems random when it will work). This leaves me with the case of unlocked doors, but alarmed vehicle (scared the STINK out of my wife when she went...
  4. Aaron Steinblock

Finally got my TDI!!!

Well, after 3 years of 'brooding' over them, I finally landed myself a TDI. Here's what I got: 2006 Jetta TDI Package 1 47,000 miles Perfect condition inside/out (with the exception of a very light cig smell, but that's easy to fix). Cam looks GREAT! Tires practically new $12,995! :eek...
  5. Aaron Steinblock

Recommendations for a 'new' TDI

I am FINALLY in the market to pick up a TDI! (had to dispose of our other company gassers before my wife would let me start shopping). So what would y'all recommend for a good unit that will last me a long time with the least amount of trouble (from users experience)? Or, it most TDI's are...