Search results

1. D

What tune and why

When I googled the topic I got a lot of simple answers. I'm looking for actual technical information. What exactly the tune changes how it effects long term reliability what parameters are changed by which tune etc. I didn't find much in the way of that sort of information.
  2. D

What tune and why

Hey everyone, ok I have a 13 Jetta TDI manual transmission and I have read tuning is a good idea for more power and better fuel economy. I was hoping you guys could shed some light on this. I have been recommended kermatdi tune and Malone. Is there a benefit from one to the other? On the Malone...
  3. D

Replacing ac control valve

Seems to be some confusion on what's the correct part number. Hopefully I ordered the right part 🤷 I've read some models the fans have to come out. Can anyone confirm if that's the case on my mk6 Jetta TDI or if it's just a single part removal
  4. D

Replacing ac control valve

Hey everyone I'm replacing my rcv solenoid on my 13 Jetta TDI tomorrow and wanted to know is there anything I need to know? I have done this job on a 09 rabbit 2.5 it was pretty easy. Is it as simple as evacuating the AC system unplugging the solenoid removing the snap ring pulling it out and...
  5. D

When to do glow plugs?

Yeah it was done at 102,000
  6. D

When to do glow plugs?

Ive read about them getting stuck in the head and breaking is that concern overblown?
  7. D

When to do glow plugs?

My 13 Jetta has 133,000 miles. Runs great fires right up in the cold as well. Should I do glow plugs or do you wait till they exhibit some sort of failure or weakness? What do you guys think?
  8. D

Exhaust soot what's normal and what's not?

That's a fair point. Is there a delete kit that's recommended?
  9. D

I've heard that. Is there a concern of being pulled over and a cop saying something. That's probably a stretch but the concern of a fine worries me. 🤣
  10. D

Hitting a pothole? Is that lingo for something else entirely?🤣🤣
  11. D

Warranty was up at 126,000 miles I'm at 133,000
  12. D

Well that's confusing I guess companies are interchanging the names of the parts. Ugh. So why couldn't a person remove the dpf cut a hole in it chisel the nonsense out and weld it shut stick it back on and tune the car with a dpf delete tune? EGR would still be there i guess.
  13. D

About 1 hour from st Louis. I shared a picture of the part above.
  14. D

Yeah $275 on eBay it says it's a genuine VW part to.
  15. D

I can get a dpf for under $300 and replacement doesn't look all that hard. I'd rather the car not have it but $300 vs $1800 is quite the difference
  16. D

I have looks like it's a out $1800. We have emissions here as well. My county doesn't but counties around me do so deleting wouldn't probably hurt resale. My main reason for not doing it is the expense. Looks a lot cheaper just to fix it correctly.
  17. D

Is the part above all I would need basically to do the job? The car is out of warranty so I'll be doing the work myself.
  18. D

https://tinypic.host/i/J3oBX To do the dpf if mine is indeed checking out would I just need this and possibly a few gaskets?
  19. D

It is up in August of this year or by 126,000 miles according to VW it has 133,000. I don't even know if they'd say there is a problem that's what I'm trying to actually learn .
  20. D

On a VW Facebook group i saw that any soot in the exhaust at all means the dpf is bad (cracked) I have a light amount of soot. No codes or anything of the sort though. My 13 mk6 did have the VW "fix" done. I read conflicting things online about what's normal and what isn't in regards to soot. So...