Search results

1. 1

Pete is RIGHT after all-5w30 is TOO THIN

Appreciate your help, thanks
  2. 1

Thank you I think semi should be avoided because of the turbo, turbos love fully synthetic as far as I know . Cheers pal
  3. 1

Thanks for your help As this is about cam issues on the pd etc, it was written to use 5w40 and not 5w30 505.01 did not exist at the time or it might have mentioned to use that ? I'd like to know if any generic 5w40 is OK to use. 505.01 stamp is not important along as the other generic 5w40...
  4. 1

I did read the dates, my main point was to gather info gained over the years. An the comment sectione DID mention PD engines, it also mentioned the camshaft issue. No one once mentioned that 505.01 was needed so my line of questioning was if it WAS MADE because of the camshaft issue...
  5. 1

So what's better ? 5w30 or 5w40 10w40 etc? I've noticed no one has mentioned 505.01? Did this oul not exist previously and was made specifically to protect the cam lobes ? Any help would be grateful? What oil should I use? Pd 130 Thanks
  6. 1

Pd oil help

Thank you
  7. 1

Pd oil help

Please can someone tell me what oil I need to use for a pd 130 asz 1.9 tdi Is 505.01 a must have ? Or it does not matter ? Or is any 5w 40 or 10w 40 OK? Thanks
  8. 1

PD OIL EVIDENCE RECORD

?
  9. 1

PD OIL EVIDENCE RECORD

How is it done , so others will know
  10. 1

PD OIL EVIDENCE RECORD

How is it done so other will know ? Thanks
  11. 1

PD OIL EVIDENCE RECORD

Thank you, it's appreciated
  12. 1

PD OIL EVIDENCE RECORD

Hi, I'm gathering a list of PD engine oils used so we can help everyone on what is good / bad etc So let's make a list as follows Vehicle /year Vw bora 2005 Engine Pd 130 asz Mileage 85k miles Original or New Camshaft Original Oil used Longlife iii since 2005 Oil change intervals 5k or 1...
  13. 1

PD OIL EVIDENCE RECORD

Hi, I'm gathering a list of PD engine oils used so we can help everyone on what is good / bad etc So let's make a list as follows Vehicle /year Vw bora 2005 Engine Pd 130 asz Mileage 85k miles Original or New Camshaft Original Oil used Longlife iii since 2005 Oil change intervals 5k or 1...
  14. 1

PD OIL EVIDENCE

Asz*****
  15. 1

PD OIL EVIDENCE

16. 1

Suspension 1.9 to 3.2

Your one of them too I suppose
  17. 1

Suspension 1.9 to 3.2

Ho after the one who done the belittling first, your an a hole supporting a bully. No one needs to name call replying to a comment . Didn't your parents teach if you give respect you'll get it back .. bloody Internet gangstas. Bet none of you cheeky name calling bully's would speak like this to...
  18. 1

Suspension 1.9 to 3.2

Thank you so much for this information, I never thought of it like that Thank you
  19. 1

Suspension 1.9 to 3.2

We are not all the same Was it stupid driving on your behalf that caused it ?
  20. 1

Suspension 1.9 to 3.2

Thanks pal, I didn't know that the car 'pan' is already 'too low' . I always thought it was the lowered suspension that causes the damage. But thanks for your help and info