Search results

1. T

Gardentender---Rest In Peace

OMG me too! in fact, I'm ganking that trick to use on my knitting boards. HA HA HA! He once put a bumper sticker (scotch taped it temporarily) on my dad's Mercedes that said, "My other car is a Pinto" (or something similar). Dear Old Dad was not amused.
  2. T

Memorial/Burial for John Cox aka Gardentender I know that it's been a very long time (in internet dog years) since my brother was active on this site. He passed away March 25, 2007 and is still listed on the gone but not forgotten page. Thanks for that. This Friday, August 22, 2008, at 10:30...
  3. T

Gardentender's obituary As a news editor, I had both the duty and privilege of writing my brother's obit last week. A shorter version appeared in the Dallas Morning News on April 4. http://www.legacy.com/dallasmorningnews/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=87060763 Here is the longer one...
  4. T

if it counts any, my first car was a 68 Beetle <3 and I also drove (into the ground) a Rabbit and a Golf GT. I currently drive a Toyota Camry LE, V6... but am eyeing the Prius. Big Brother questioned that in his last few days, and I had to tell him that my next car would be a hybrid, and I think...
  5. T

Hi Mary, and thanks. And OOPS. I'm his sister. But I see how there's no way you could know that. I'll check out the small print. thanks again...
  6. T

Thanks to everyone for your good thoughts for my brother. His wife, my other brother, John's children, et al. and I are grateful. I joined this forum today because I mostly just wanted to say thanks, and talk a little bit about his request for care packages. Someone posted some good links, and...