Search results

1. aaronjbeetle

Beetle and Beetle Convert. Roll Call. Who's out there?

Interesting.... My 2014 has the "always on" DRLs as well. All of my other VW's have always turned them on once the parking brake is released. These are on 24/7 when the car is running or the system is on. If you find anything out on this, please let me know. Many times when I'm waiting with the...
  2. aaronjbeetle

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Same station was $6.35 today....
  3. aaronjbeetle

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Had another one last week where a dude jumped and RAN out of his semi truck to tell me I was using diesel. I was at an "open to the public" diesel fill station place. We had a great laugh about it.
  4. aaronjbeetle

$5.45 yesterday. 😥
  5. aaronjbeetle

Pre-purchase questions 14/15 Beetle

I have a 2014 TDI Beetle, with the 6-speed that just rolled 55k. I got it with 32k just over a year ago and no issues thus far. I looked all over and ended up finding this one on Carvana and swooped it up, arrived in my driveway a week later. That process was overall okay - I can go into more...
  6. aaronjbeetle

Beetle and Beetle Convert. Roll Call. Who's out there?

My 14 just hit 47k the other day, and the timing belt has been on my mind more and more. Just had the timing belt done on the 12 JSW and that was expensive, plus the OEM water pump failed after 36 miles - dealership covered it of course, but damn.
  7. aaronjbeetle

Saving Daughters Beetle

Not able to offer any real help - but I'm glad to hear another beetle is saved!
  8. aaronjbeetle

I've been here since mid-july and I'm thinking about bouncing next month tbh. Time will tell.
  9. aaronjbeetle

Ohhh this is good to know! I'm in the Inner Richmond and pop down south quite a bit.
  10. aaronjbeetle

$6.49 now...
  11. aaronjbeetle

2023 TDIfest/GTG discussion thread

Dude that is great! My mom has an 02 Turbo S Beetle that should be replaced soon, but its been a great car! 8k miles, that's crazy. Worth the trip for sure.
  12. aaronjbeetle

Flood damage

Ahhh. I'm sorry buddy. No advice on my end, but that sucks.
  13. aaronjbeetle

2023 TDIfest/GTG discussion thread

I'd be down for a meet & road trip, depending on time & distance, etc. Is there a member map or anything with membership statistics on location?
  14. aaronjbeetle

DPF Availability

Congrats! That will be great!
  15. aaronjbeetle

DPF Availability

I’ve worked in dealership parts for the last 6 years (four with VW) and I can promise you that the dealership / VW wants to give your car back as much as you want it back. I’m at Toyota now, and we’ve been on months and months of back orders on cat converters and I know how frustrating it is for...
  16. aaronjbeetle

$6.29 at my local spot in SF. I saw $7.59 on the other side of the city a few days ago. Insane.
  17. aaronjbeetle

2006 DSG good or bad?

My buddy has one in his 06 mk5 Jetta TDI - he got the car with 112k and ZERO DSG services. (Got the car for 3k) and that thing is rough. He did the fluid and filter change, helped a little but probably needs a new clutchpack at this point. I'd say with proper care they're pretty solid, limited...
  18. aaronjbeetle

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Thanks for the welcome & this forum. I've had plenty of Volkswagens, but this is MY first diesel. 2014 Beetle 6M - got it at 33k and almost to 42k, just about 5 months. My partner has a 2012 JSW 6M and driving that thing around convinced me to make the switch. Previous VW list as follows...