Search results

1. BRMman

'06 Jetta TDI sat 2yrs-1800-2100 rpm stumble

What about the EGR valve hanging open partially? Would that not act very similar?
  2. BRMman

States, provinces, and countries I've been to... show off your traveling scoreboard!

This is the map of where I have taken my TDI. If I include what I have visited by other means, it would be a few more.
  3. map.png

map.png

4. Jetta F250.JPG

Jetta F250.JPG

5. Jetta Oh, Look!.jpg

Jetta Oh, Look!.jpg

6. Jetta.jpg

Jetta.jpg

7. Jetta Pictures

Jetta Pictures

Random photos of my MKV
  8. BRMman

Repeated Dead Batteries

Yes it could. This could be checked by folding rear seats down then closing trunk and doors and check to see if the trunk light remains on.
  9. BRMman

2006 Jetta TDI (BRM) Lagging after start, black smoke comes out

Don't forget that it could also be an EGR valve hanging open.
  10. BRMman

tips for fuel economy

Alignment alone can make a significant difference, which if the ball joints are worn, the alignment is off. The skid plate will help as well, by reduced wind resistance under car. It also helps a lot in keeping engine bay clean.
  11. BRMman

Stanadyne Lubricity Formula

Wow, that is a good read! I have tried several different brands over the years, but I always went back to Stanadyne. I found that other brands (Lucas, Howes,) caused fuel consumption to increase every time I added it. Stanadayne did not.
  12. BRMman

300 hp Alh

Maybe because they don't understand how a diesel works. A diesel engine ignites purely from compression. Compression causes heat. Because the fuel is ignited by "spontaneous combustion" when it reaches the Autoignition temperature of the fuel. Therefore, diesel engines are more efficient than...
  13. BRMman

"Cold-air intakes" and "high-flow air filter" FAQ

I read this entire thread from start to finish! There is a lot of good information here, and unfortunately, a lot of emotion as well. One point I thought could take some clarification is that companies who manufacture such intake systems are not necessarily just trying to rip people off. Enough...
  14. BRMman

300 hp Alh

If you have a waste gate opening at 10 psi it will certainly not make boost beyond that. I can think of one easy way around that. If you have an external hose going from boost side to the waste gate, interrupt this hose with a 12 volt solenoid. It would need to wired to a switch, unless your...
  15. BRMman

Weak cabin heat, is it my thermostat?

What you need to do is connect a scan tool that can read live data and monitor engine coolant temperature. Typically thermostats are rated around 85*C, and your coolant temperature should reflect that. If it's lower than about 80, you need a thermostat. This is the first step. From what you...
  16. BRMman

2005.5 Jetta will not stay running, now won't start

If it cranked from key before disconnecting cooling fans, I would suggest connecting them again and see if the key will crank it then. There seems to be more than one problem going on, so it will take a bit by bit approach to rectify the situation.
  17. BRMman

Murphy 's Law Corollary 1: The Law of Lost Things

Isn't it rare that one can actually lose something hard enough to prevent it from resurfacing after replacing it? Some time ago I used my deep 15mm impact socket on a particular job, and then had to switch to another job in between. Come back and the socket is gone! Easy, it rolled off my...
  18. BRMman

Lethbridge Members?

There also seem to be a lot of folks with an ALH TDI and a Duramax next to it. I, on the other hand, have a Powerstroke for the needs too large for the Jetta. Each has their preference, but at least we agree on the Jetta TDI part! 👍
  19. BRMman

Lethbridge Members?

Yes, indeed there are very many TDI's in this area!
  20. BRMman

Lethbridge Members?

I know where that is, as I live in Raymond! :)