Search results

1. Chungus

Girling 60 Caliper bolt size

Thanks!
  2. Chungus

Girling 60 Caliper bolt size

Does anyone know what size the bolt that goes into the slider is on Girling 60 front calipers? I lost one in a snowstorm today and my caliper is rubbing my wheel atm...wonder if I can just pickup one at the hardware store for the time being until I can bring in a proper hardware kit
  3. Chungus

2001 VW Golf TDI Partout

Tornado red. Can email pics, pm me Sorry sold already
  4. Chungus

Early signs of slipping clutch. What is recommended for stage 2 performance tuning?

Can diy it yourself. Get a plumbing cap or something and put a Schrader valve in it. Stick it on your intake pipe and pressurize. Lots of tutorials online We had the motor out when we did it, I wouldn't recommend it in the car. There's not much room between the firewall to fit the blasting wand...
  5. Chungus

Early signs of slipping clutch. What is recommended for stage 2 performance tuning?

I mean the empirical evidence is there: two cars with the same clutch, different fw. One chatters, the other doesn't. Maybe Darkside balances the flywheel to the clutch? The package was already opened prior to me receiving it It has a 3" exhaust but otherwise stock. The valves were walnut...
  6. Chungus

Various B4/B4V parts in Central KY

Interested in a passenger window regulator, all 4 door catches, and the interior ceiling trim piece near the back hatch if its tan Thanks!
  7. Chungus

B4 Front Seats, Free in SE PA

Would you be willing to ship the driver seat bottom? Cheers
  8. Chungus

I have an ALH with the same VR clutch but with a stock smf. The noise difference is very obvious between clutch in and clutch out. On my B4 it's indiscernible
  9. Chungus

That's odd the VR setup slips. I have almost an identical setup,.216s and Malone stage 2/3 etc. Did some pulls last night with a Malone stage 1 ALH and we were pretty much door to door from 40-130. No slipping at all. I don't think the stage 2 tune even comes close to 250ft lbs lol. With the...
  10. Chungus

Timing way advanced

So what youre saying is that the faster I drive, the more ideal the car will run, right? :) I'm curious about the effects of this on FE and whatnot so I will do some datalogging. The car never got ideal FE numbers from the beginning, always been around 42mpg...so maybe this is the missing piece...
  11. Chungus

WTB: B4 Passat Door Catch

Looking for a set of 4 door catches for a B4 Passat. Tired of holding the doors open with my foot all the time. Part number is 3A0837249 TIA
  12. Chungus

2001 VW Golf TDI Partout

Pretty sure theyre just generic stock 16" mk4 wheels
  13. Chungus

Timing way advanced

Got my car running today after a front main seal job. Checked the timing in VCDS and it's reading advanced out of spec at around 88. I ran out of time to adjust it today and was wondering if it's ok to run like this for a short while? It seems to start and drive fine. Thanks!
  14. Chungus

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Do your interior lights still work? When I bought my B4 many moons ago none of the interior lights or central locking worked. Cluster wouldn't hold time and the trunk open light was constantly on. Turns out it was all related to the convienece fuse. If one of your door locks still works I think...
  15. Chungus

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Looks like a VR6 one
  16. Chungus

Need Lower radiator hose support bracket

Thanks! Do you have a part number for this? I don't think my car has ever had it lol
  17. Chungus

Headlight plug

Individual headlight bulbs. I cut mine off when I installed a relay harness as it didn't come with the correct plug to match my ecodes. Lost both my low beams the other night so trying to figure out if the relay harness is bad
  18. Chungus

Need Lower radiator hose support bracket

I'm curious what this looks like, my hose has always been zip tied to my mount lol
  19. Chungus

Headlight plug

Does anyone have an extra set of headlight plugs off a B4 harness that they would be willing to sell me? Trying to troubleshoot non operational headlights and can't seem to find my original plugs