Search results

1. DeliveryValve

B5 Passat FHN manual transmission gearbox for sale

FHN gearbox up for sale. I bought it from an auto dismantler in Lithuania and claimed to have 172,129 Km shown on the last pic from when I first got the box. Spins nicely, other three pictures are current. I do have a copy of the VIN of the 2002 Passat it came out of. It's been kept in...
  2. DeliveryValve

Free BHW Long Block

From a 2004 Passat sedan Was going to keep as my spare engine. But I am moving and can't take it with me. Includes oil pan, valve cover and cam other miscellaneous parts attached. Need it gone ASAP. Located in Bakersfield, CA
  3. DeliveryValve

2014 Jetta ECM part number

My friend just acquired a 2014 Jetta TDI engine code CJAA, 6 speed manual transmission code NFP. Manufacturered on 08/13 in Mexico. She asked me to check into a few things of the car that she has concerns. One is she said the seller had a shop swap out the ECM, but he didn't think it was the...
  4. DeliveryValve

Assessing a manual gearbox's health

Hey Experienced Passat Manual Trans Swap Folks! I took an unexpected opportunity to pick up a 012 manual gearbox, FHN 5 speed. Claimed to have about 110k miles and the rest of the history is unknown. Question for the experienced.... What to look for (without disassembling it apart) on an 012...
  5. DeliveryValve

B5.5 Passat Wagon Replacement Vehicle

I am considering a replacement vehicle for the wagon. Queston.. What new or at most 3 years old vehicle that can offer the same cargo space and versatility, great low end torque to power through highway cruising hills and mountains and offer same or better fuel mileage compared to my 15 year...
  6. DeliveryValve

Replacing the Thermostatic Tee or Fuel Filter Check Valve

The correct Thermostatic Tee part number for the 2004 and 2005 Passat BHW is 1J0 127 247 J But the cheapest I found the Tee is $45 and it's a genuine VAG part. Meanwhile all the ALH and other PD motors use 1J0 127 247 A, which I can get an aftermarket part for under $10. So what's the...
  7. DeliveryValve

BHW Coolant \ Heater Hoses Life Expectancy

Question? What kind of life are you all getting from your coolant/heater hoses? My 2005 has over 200,000 miles and all the hoses (except elbow hose for the rear flange, 5 years\70,000 miles), are original. They all appear to physically look good. But given the mileage and age, I am...
  8. DeliveryValve

B5.5 Passat TDI BHW cranking but not starting situation

I guess it's my turn for the no start situation. Turn the key to glow plug position, I can hear the normal tank fuel pump initial noises. Turn the key further to crank, engine cranks over, starter speed sounds and looks normal. Keep cranking will not catch and crank until the stop oil...
  9. DeliveryValve

Molded fuel line to filter Q

I am getting ready to replace my fuel filter and during the last replacement, I found the molded lines were starting to show some slight exterior cracks. Before I dive into replace the filter, I'd like to get the new lines first. The pair of molded lines that need to be replaced is VW part...
  10. DeliveryValve

Airbag light on - Fault code 00591

The Airbag light and warning sound goes off. Did a VCDS scan and I get this.... 00591 - Seat Belt Switch; Driver (E24) 32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent It's been raining often lately here in sunny California. Perhaps the fault is caused by possible water seepage in the door...
  11. DeliveryValve

16618 - Boost Pressure Regulation

Going up a mountain and floored the accelerator to try to pass a vehicle, the car went into limp mode. Coasted and pulled over, shut down the engine for a few secs, then started engine and went off my merry way without any other mishaps. Plugged in the VCDS and it reported this... So the...
  12. DeliveryValve

B5.5 Aftermarket (i.e. Depot brand etc.) or Factory (i.e.Hella) healight replacements

Anybody have any experiences with aftermarket headlights they want to share? Aftermarket prices have a wide range and I see the lowest price of a no name generic set of two on eBay for $115. With that said, I can get a set of true Hellas for $260 shipped. I've been down the aftermarket...
  13. DeliveryValve

City Light replacement...

How do you fellas do it? I can't get a grab with my fingers to pull the bulb holder out. .
  14. DeliveryValve

80,000 mile vs 100,000 mile timing belt changes

The original VW factory recommendation on our Passat TDI timing belt change interval was 100,000 miles. Than a couple of years later VW adjusted the change interval to 80,000 miles. My original belt, tensioner, roller, and water pump went 80,000 miles before I had it replaced along with the...
  15. DeliveryValve

B5.5 wagon Shock replacement inquiry

I'm about to replace my upper control arm bushings, and while I have the shock assembly out, I've decided to replace the shocks. I found an awesome deal on a Koni FSD set. But they don't come with any mounts, bump stops or covers. For those who changed their shocks on their B5, do you...
  16. DeliveryValve

Opinions in highest operating temperature needed

I just went on a trip and had to pass through some mountains. I've passed through these mountains several times in my Passat, but I could not remember the temps being as high as it was during this trip. Especially when the ambient temperature outside was around 65°-68° F and I've done this...
  17. DeliveryValve

Tandem Pump Q's

I'm getting ready to replace my tandem pump gasket. I noticed the fitting on the pump itself for vacuum line leading to the firewall is loose and swivels. Is this normal? Or do I need to replace the pump? I had not notice any vacuum leaks, but now I messed with it, it might start leaking...
  18. DeliveryValve

Opinions needed, RPM's surging @ about 50mph

My 2005 Passat with a 01v GMR code trans is not throwing up any codes, but it has an occasional surging of 100-200 rpm's at around 1,500 rpm @ about 50mph. I assume the torque converter is about to go and I made arrangements to aquire a core to have it rebuilt. Next would be to check the...
  19. DeliveryValve

Someone took my key, how do I prevent them from taking my car?

I accidentally left my set of keys on my mailbox door. Went back to retrieve them and the keys are gone. What can I do to prevent them from taking my 2005 Passat? Is there a procedure out there to activate the immobilizer for that particular key? Thanks in advance.
  20. DeliveryValve

What a Dipstick!

Why on earth does VW insist on using these plastic tubes that get brittle. Mine broke at the base where it connects to the metal tube. This is while I was changing the oil. :mad: I ordered another one, but it will take 3 days to get in. :( I also wish they had a metal upgrade part...