Search results

1. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

UPDATE: 245,000 miles now after 2 major trips earlier this summer (Houston - LA) and fall (Houston-Glacier Nat'l Park & Yellowstone, Montana). All went well on the drive up to as far as Sheridan, Wyoming almost to Montana where Little Big Horn sits along I-90. The warning light for the DEF...
  2. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Ambient temp sensor will throw a code P0073 which triggers the CEL. My wires to the sensor were severed triggering the CEL, so the dealer agreed to replace the sensor I had purchased while also repairing the wiring at the same price quoted.
  3. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Update: Still at the dealer BUT picking it up this week as the repairs are finally complete. Final bill: $1,925 and includes NEW ECM direct from Wolfsburg along with factory flash (requires 150 miles of driving to “relearn” the new unit). An “upper” O2 sensor, an ambient temperature sensor (up...
  4. M

Fault codes going crazy

My car is at the dealer here in Houston getting the ECM replaced and flashed. Spoke to the service advisor about this same issue with my girlfriends 2016 Tiguan. They believe without seeing the car in person it’s likely the wheel speed sensor requiring replacement...
  5. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Yes, all solid points in fact! I went the way you describe locating a comparable working unit from Ebay from another 2015 TDI “SE” MK7 but finding the costs all over the place with no guarantees of successful service outside the factory / dealer network. What I’ve found utilizing a source out of...
  6. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

UPDATE on Texas MK7: 229,000 miles and holding unfortunately. Currently with the dealer this week which has determined that the ECM has indeed experienced catastrophic failure. A NEW ECM has been ordered from Wolfsburg, Germany and be reprogrammed by the dealer upon arrival with assistance...
  7. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

I will see what I can find, but I'm not even sure it REALLY worked quite frankly as after the update the ECM went on the "blink" and I STILL do not have the car back because my Indy is so backed up with other cars. I had to get the ECM changed out to a new one and the ECM shop in Florida THINKS...
  8. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

UPDATE on 2015 TDI down in Texas that had 219,000 miles on last update. Current updated mileage is 229,000 miles and it has been down and unused since last winter quite frankly with other cars in the stable getting utilization in its place. The problems: 1. Lost the transmission due to an...
  9. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

UPDATE on 2015 TDI down in Texas that had 204,000 miles on last update. Current updated mileage is 219,000 miles and it just got back last week from its 4th West Coast / PNW road-trip covering 8,000 miles. One issue to speak of that did not disable the car but did have me alittle concerned...
  10. M

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

204,000 miles presently and got it at 70,000 miles in Jan. 2020 just before pandemic. Timing Belt & water pump done at 135K (both belt and pump were still in good shape and could have gone to 150K). Extended Warranty Claims and NON-warranty items include: 1. Water Jacket Flange on side of the...