Search results

1. C

BEW TDI TO GOLF MK1 SWAP HELP

I need someone to break it down for me the things I’d miss when swapping this engine into my mk1 i know i need the engine and trans brackets,Speedo, and the pedal of a mk4 which i have, i know i want a egr delete and a race pipe which I’ll get from s&p automotive as well as the brackets and...
  2. C

Mods to make a golf tdi handle like a gti?

You nailed the entire list! I mean the cars are a little different in size and weights but with those upgrades you’ll get there. Make sure to not go cheap on the front suspension.
  3. C

Just bought my first BEW and i need help with upgrades

Yes sir it’s a 5 speed manual and we actually have the same car, i have a BEW wagon that’s completely stock and it gets like 30mpg as of now i don’t really know where to start. I know i could do a egr delete and maybe get some more mpg that way but i want to get the engine right before i swap it...
  4. C

I appreciate the hell out of your insight, i drive for work and i need that 40+ mpg in my life, the cost is an investment to not have to stop at the gas station every single day. i have the kerma injectors bookmarked for when i get paid and I want to upgrade the turbo but i don’t want to spend...
  5. C

Hey dudes and dudets, I’ve owned a few ve tdis but never a newer one like the BEW. I’m ripping the engine out of a 04 Jetta and I’m giving it an overhaul before i put it in a mk1 rabbit. Other than timing belt and water pump what other major upgrades would use to optimize mpg? Please leave as...
  6. C

BEW in MK1 swap - limp mode & other issues

Hey dude! Came across your thread and was curious if you ever got that figured out? And what kit you used to mount everything? I have a 81 rabbit and i also picked up a 2004 Jetta BEW and i want to use as much as the car as possible on the swap and haven’t seen a direct answer ):