Search results

1. tgiaTDI

Canadians - Claim your eco rebate

Did anyone get their cheque yet? It's been almost two month since I sent in the form and I haven't even received a confirmation letter or something of the sort...
  2. tgiaTDI

Lead Foot/Crappy Mileage Club

Not as good as the TDIs can do but not catastrophic either. On a 5200mile round trip from montreal to Reno, NV, down to Vegas and back, I averaged ~35MPG with a 91 civic, keeping a constant 90-100 mph the whole way :)
  3. tgiaTDI

Mileage Contest

652 / 1715
  4. tgiaTDI

Mileage Contest

Do you fill her up (all the way up) in your driveway/garage before taking off? :p
  5. tgiaTDI

GTi + TDi = GTDi..... Can we overpass an Integra.....help!!!

You must be referencing the North American Integra Type R (190hp while VTech is engaged). The GSR model is rated at 170HP and the base model Integra RS develops an overestimated 140hp. For what I know, you shouldn't have too much trouble with the 140HP version but it'll take some SERIOUS mods to...
  6. tgiaTDI

You CAN Get Good Mileage in a Pumpe Duse

That's a good point. Driving it hard doesn't kill the mileage. Constantly accelerating and decelerating does, no matter how hard/easy you take it. Even more so when you baby it in town. By accelerating slowly you request less fuel but for longer periods. I usually accelerate hard and then hold...
  7. tgiaTDI

Post Your ScanGauge Fuel Correction Percentage

As I said before, you could just 'temporarily' configure the SG to work with the metric system, set the fuel tank size to 55L (or whatever it is), save it, then go back and change it to imperial. Easy as 1, 2, 3. The SG keeps your setting as if you actually set the fuel tank using the imperial...
  8. tgiaTDI

:) I don't have a problem with any of these mesures. In fact, as a native european, the cubic centimeter mesure is more commonly used than the litre mesure. I just had to point out how unprecise the imperial system is (can be) and that most of us are able to understand both witout major...
  9. tgiaTDI

True, but you can use the metric system and set up the tank size in litres. In other words, by 0.26gal increments ;) It's a mistery to me why the imperial system is still used. Wouldn't it sound funny if our engines were called 0.502gal TDIs instead of 1.9l? No offense intended BTW, just had...
  10. tgiaTDI

TPS Signal with ScanGuage II

DFW, I had these exact symptoms freak me out when I took the SGII from one vehicle to another and didn't follow the initialization instructions. As a result, SGII didn't detect the right protocol and some (not all) values consequently started jumping erratically. MPT and Distance to Empty were...
  11. tgiaTDI

You CAN Get Good Mileage in a Pumpe Duse

This coasting debate is pretty useless. The fact is, coasting in or out of gear are two valid fuel saving mesures. The appropriate one to use depends on what you want to achieve. Coasting in gear uses 0 fuel but slows you down considerably. I will use this method when I have to get to a stop (or...
  12. tgiaTDI

which 17" LRR's are you running?

If noone else here uses LRRs in the 17" size, I have no trouble seing why. The idea is to improve fuel efficiency and reduce cost when going the LRR route. That being said, I'd put LRRs on 15", maybe 16" wheels and stay in the 195 or 205 range thus keep the rolling resistance at a minimum. I do...
  13. tgiaTDI

3-Blink Thingy Question

I love that feature. So usefull for changing lanes or any other short signal situations. The kind of feature you get used to extremely quickly, it becomes second nature. So much so that when I drive other cars I tend to 'use it' :rolleyes:
  14. tgiaTDI

Wheel choices ( 17 ? 18? size?) help needed

Correct. As long as they have the same bolt pattern (you need 5x112). As for the speedo, it won't be affected if tire diameter/circumference stays within spec.
  15. tgiaTDI

Scangauge II Technical Questions

I've experimented with the SG quite a bit and found that if it's not set on the correct protocol, readings will be missleading (happened to me when I took the SG out of the TDI to try it on a 2.0 golf). For your 2006 TDI, the correct protocol should be KWPS, on 2.0 vw gassers, it's ISO (I'm...
  16. tgiaTDI

ScanGauge II v. 3.14

Not sure if there's a retailer in Toronto but there's one in Ottawa (where I got mine from). Great guy, great service. Ships the same day for ~10$ Tom Gifford Gifford Automotive 330 McRae Ave. Ottawa, ON 866-891-5536
  17. tgiaTDI

Coasting... clutch cons..??

Confirmed. I use(d) the ScanGauge on both a TDI and a 2.0 golf gasser. The TDI uses 0 fuel for coasting in gear while the gasser does. It's actually more fuel efficient to coast out of gear with the gasser, as it will use only ~1l/hour at idle once warmed up as opposed to 3-5 l/hour when...
  18. tgiaTDI

Differences between A4 and A5?

Combine that with a nice set of spinner hubcaps... oh, and don't forget the shark fin on the trunk :p
  19. tgiaTDI

Differences between A4 and A5?

I think 200 pounds would be a little exagerated. And if 200lbs does have such a huge impact on fuel consumption, than 4 other passengers and a loaded trunk would take it all the way down to under 20mpg. Doesn't sound right to me. Furthermore, if your theory is right than I should have see a...