Search results

1. 0

Leaking injection pump

What are the green o-rings for that are the same size as the black o-ring used for the head bolt? I have the same kit. I used the black o-ring on my son's sedan and would like to leverage one of those green o-rings that are the same size when the head bolt starts leaking.
  2. 0

Leaking injection pump

Cool, but looks like I was successful. I don't see any leaks. I don't trust anyone with my car besides me or my local guru. I understand your experience and the fact that you earned it. There are some things that I have experienced too which which will make me never want to do a given job ever...
  3. 0

Leaking injection pump

Very nice pics and info. I too replaced that o-ring on the auto with that same socket.
  4. 0

Leaking injection pump

No problems with threads. Ended up using the dieselgeek bolt as I didn't have much of an option. The bolt tightened to 10 ft. lbs. like the rest and didn't bottom out so I was fortunate. Maybe they will sell me another for the auto when it is time. I am not sure if this fixed it. Really had...
  5. 0

Leaking injection pump

Well it looks like the lower head bolt toward the firewall for the IP is missing. I bet that will do it. I will have to dig deeper to see if it is just plain missing or if it isn't there due to a broken head bolt or stipped out female threads. 😒
  6. 0

Leaking injection pump

How do I prime the fuel pump after this work? I watched the video but the poster says what he is using is not the right tool. Thanks.
  7. 0

Leaking injection pump

Thanks. I purchased that kit. How do I know if it's buggered already? What are the symptoms?
  8. 0

Leaking injection pump

No, not yet. Thanks for this.
  9. 0

Leaking injection pump

The IP on my 03 TDI is slowly dripping fuel. I can smell it after a long drive. Below is a video. The position makes it awkward to pinpoint. I just replaced the oring for the triangular bolt on the 02 which was cakewalk. I don't think it is going to be that easy on the 03. Any suggestions...
  10. 0

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

3.59 - Thornburg, VA.
  11. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

Thanks for that thread. I ended up just moving the coolant bottle and IC elbow so I could get in there and use a mini-tubing cutter and cut off the bad part of the line. I connected the 5/16 ID diesel line directly to it and used a fuel 11-13mm fuel injection clamp. Worked out perfect.
  12. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

My junkyard blows...thousands of cars and always a raped TDI at best. So there are/were 2 main issues. The blue return line never had the blue connector. Someone before my time put a spring clip on it and removed the blue connector running a rubber hose directly to it. The spring clip was very...
  13. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

It is actually very easy to remove the fuel line. No tools required. There is a blade that you push in to remove the connector and it is much less visible on the black supply line than on the blue return line. I wasted money on tools but now at least I have them laying around for my other cars.
  14. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

I found nothing there. Hope someone else will pop in. If not I will just buy a generic OTC set and take ot from there. I will report back to help others.
  15. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

Looking for how to remove the lines mostly. Standard fuel line removal tools? How does this link differ from regular google which I have been beating down for the last for hours? I saw the Mcmaster thread for customization and some of that will be helpful as this progresses. Thanks for your help.
  16. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

Thanks for that. 1J0200059AG is definitely the right part number. NLA at a few of the big sites at this point and where it can be found it's like $202.
  17. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

Looks like the part required is sold as a set: 1J0200059AG and it's a small fortune. I don't see these part numbers on FCPEuro. If anyone knows what tool is required I could at least remove the lines potentially and make my own. Not sure if these disconnect with your run of the mill fuel...
  18. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

Would you mind sharing where you see the line(s) on FCPEuro? Also, I figure I can just use a fuel disconnect and then cut the clamp off after but not sure which ones will work. Any ideas there?
  19. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

Lol...into oblivian...yes....it's just the blue one I believe. No lift though....just jack stands and massive lift floor jack. I will try your suggestion on the clip. Thanks.
  20. 0

Smooshed fuel lines

I was changing the fuel lines on my son's 02 automatic TDI that go to the fuel filter and squashed one of the lines trying to get it off with needle nose pliers. Man those lines are soft. On the other fuel line is a broken spring clip from before my time that is broken off. Normally I would...