Search results

1. R

Oil vapours seen after vacuum pump replacement

Thank you! I will try this soon
  2. R

I too hear a short feeble hissing sound when I press the pedal. But there is no continuous hissing. I think the short hissing is due to air entering the booster for assistance?
  3. R

Thank you! My brake booster seems to be good as it holds vacuum for several days. Looks like I will need to check the remaining vacuum lines
  4. R

I replaced vacuum pump in my 2014 Jetta TDI and as my old vacuum pump was generating only about 12hg vacuum. Post replacement, if I remove the oil filler cap with engine running, I see lot of oil vapour coming out. I also see oil vapour coming after taking out the dip stick. Never seen this with...
  5. R

Opinions on Bosch ENV 6 brake fluid

My MK6 Jetta TDI is due for a brake fluid change. Is it recommended to use Bosch ENV 6 brake fluid in MK6 Jetta? Has anyone used this? Product seems to be DOT 3/4/5.1, but does not mention VW 501 14 approval. Found this to be is cheaper than the OEM brake fluid as well. As per Bosch, this...
  6. R

Can a diesel specific oil be used in 2.0 CR TDI with no DPF

Thanks everyone. Will try a diesel specific oil soon. My knowledge on engine oil is very limited. I went with VW 507 oil after seeing the Lubrizol tool as it shows VW 507 to the best among all VW approvals. However I personally prefer 5w40 over 5w30 as the ambient temperature here is mostly...
  7. R

Can a diesel specific oil be used in 2.0 CR TDI with no DPF

I have a 2014 Jetta 2.0 TDI with no DPF from the factory. Car was filled with VW 505.01 (Castrol Edge 5w40 filled by the dealer) for the first 6 years and then with VW 507 Mobil 1 ESP 5w30. Is it wise to use a diesel specific engine oil in my CR TDI? I have Amsoil Signature Series Max Duty 5w40...
  8. R

2013 Jetta vacuum pump to booster line

Seems to be 561612041c as per https://oriparts.com/39/1003/75294/3946321 Please note that this is an India specific web site and Jettas in India are RHD (basically Euro Jettas with no DPF)
  9. R

Brake pedal goes hard during boost

Hi Experts, This is my very first post in Tdiclub! I have a 2014 manual Jetta TDI (right hand drive) with 95k km on the Odo. My engine code is CLCB. I believe it is basically a CJAA minus the DPF. While doing a hard pull if I immediately apply the brakes, I notice that the brake pedal is hard...