Search results

1. R

Transmission drain and fill

2002 Beetle TDI, 1.9L, automatic transmission. If I do a drain and refill, assuming the fluid is at the proper level, about how much will drain out?
  2. R

Search parameters

How can I get the search engine to find a specific phrase, such as "power steering fluid capacity"? I've tried Boolean searches and putting it in parentheses, but neither works.
  3. R

Window noise

Just yesterday my driver side window started making a noise going up and down. It sounds like someone walking on broken glass (the window is not broken). Is this the sound of the regulator going out?
  4. R

Wiring Harness Unicorn

I have a 2002 Beetle, 1.9 TDI ALH, auto trans. I recently replaced the alternator. The fusebox on the battery also fried, and I was advised to replace the alternator wiring harness too. The problem is, they don't exist. VW doesn't make them anymore (Original part number is 1C0 971 349H). No...
  5. R

Driver's side door lock

I have a 2002 Beetle. The driver's door is the only one with a key lock. I don't have a fob remote. I can't get the key into the lock at all. There's a little white cover that's supposed to move out of the way to let the key insert, but it isn't budging. The door opens just fine, and the...
  6. R

Tire size suggestion

Several FE threads have suggested taller and narrower LRR. I have the stock wheels, and tire size is 205/55R16. So would I want a 225/50r16, or a 195/60R16?