Search results

1. B

MK3 TDI, low boost, low IQ, MAF reading 847

Stock 1Z electronics, AAZ K14/manifold, no codes in VCDS, filters are clean, no restrictions to intake or exhaust, EGR doesn't exist (blockoff plate and AAZ exhaust manifold, also tried deleting the map for it with no change), no exhaust leaks pre turbo, no boost leaks that I can find and the...
  2. B

[SOLVED] Low power and boost, usual things checked, not sure what else to look for

Well that makes no sense. I decided to try a hammer mod by ear and feel since I'm impatient and still don't have VCDS, and it looks like my injection quantity was wrong. Not sure why, it ran fine in the MK4. Maybe a difference in fuelling curves proportional to boost, and having a bigger turbo...
  3. B

[SOLVED] Low power and boost, usual things checked, not sure what else to look for

No codes, which isn't helping lol. Yeah, I'm planning to order an unlimited license hex net sometime soon, but it'll take some saving since I'm a broke college student. Just spent about half an hour cleaning the MAF sensor with a ziploc bag of isopropyl alcohol. The filament was visibly...
  4. B

I have a 1997 Jetta TDI, originally had a 1Z (not AHU) engine and a couple weeks ago I dropped in a good running ALH with the stock wiring harness. Used the ALH IP swap wiring and figured out how to wire the crank position sensor myself, so it should be running like a stock 1Z. Engine is a bone...