Search results

1. M

Winter wheel and tires 5x112 - almost new Michelin X-ice snow - $600

Last year I bought a new set of Michelin X-ice snow tires from Costco and ended up not going anywhere because of Covid. Size 215/65r16 mounted on Audi A8 16x7 speed line wheels that were an OEM option and made in Italy. These are the correct offset to fit these larger tires on MK7 VW's like my...
  2. M

SOLD 16 inch wheels with winter tires for MK5-MK7 or Audi $200

I don't need these winter wheels anymore. Typical wheels for an MK5-MK7 are 16x6, and these are one inch wider. I prefer the look of a wider wheel, and there are no fit issues on the Golf or Jetta, but I don't know if they would fit over Golf R brakes (340mm). The wheels are Audi A4, 16 x7 inch...
  3. M

Winter Tires and Audi Speedline Wheels - Indianapolis

I need to sell my winter wheels, I have 2 sets of 4. These are the Audi Speedline wheels that originally came on the A8, made in Italy. They are 5x112 bolt circle and 16x7, et42. I've had them on my Mk6 TDI sportwagen and my MK7 TDI sportwagen. On the MK7 I had 215/65/r16 Michelin X-ice...
  4. M

DSG service pointers and lessons

I just did my first DSG service on the MK7 and used the DIY's online Humble Mechanics tutorial Old myturbodiesel write up Neither one of these - or the others I searched out online were an MK7 TDI. While everything else is pretty much exactly the same when it comes to changing the filter from...
  5. M

Took the car in because of a scrubbing / brushing sound from the engine

I'm posting in case someone else has the same issue as me - or maybe this is well documented and I have just missed it. My 2015 makes a brushing/scrubbing sound noticeably during cold starts and all the time too but less noticeably. I have some guesses (belt or belt driven?) for what might be...
  6. M

Is this a normal amount of blow-by for a warm EA288 engine?

One of the things I like to check on my engines is how much blow-by the engine has. I made a video of the filler cap and also a video of the dipstick. The engine is fully warmed up and at idle during this video. https://youtu.be/fl8wfWKjRLU
  7. M

Purchasing my GSW from Carvana

Backstory for why I decided to give Carvana a try: 1. I knew what car and what options I wanted. After doing several searches in the 50 miles around me, then 100 miles and even 200 miles around me I realized that there just weren’t that many cars that fit my preferences available. 2. I had a...
  8. M

Any SEL owners have their HVAC controls cracking in the corners?

I noticed some cracking in the corners of the clear 'glass' where the digital temp is displayed. Is this a common problem?
  9. M

FS: MK3 radiator and both hoses -$100 in SC

I bought a radiator for my 98 TDI but never installed it, it is still in the box, and I have brand new upper and lower hoses too, all of it for $100 shipped. Its getting hot out there, dont get caught with a cracked end tank! This will fit all MK3's Cheers
  10. M

MAP lower than requested

Hi all, I've been data logging a lot and have noticed that my map is almost always lower than requested. it is usually around 200mBar below requested at all RPM. I have a Manual Boost Controller and I can use it to to bump the map reading at full throttle to match or surpass requested, but...
  11. M

I made the switch to Shell Rotella T6

Because I could not find anything else locally. Has anyone else? This will be the first of my oil changes with the T6 bottles.
  12. M

The Houpty has codes, where to start??

This might be a sign of things to come. 01050 - Glow Plug Monitoring 35-10 - - - Intermittent 00560 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System 17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation 17-10 - Control Difference -...
  13. M

Just installed Koni STR.T struts

Sometimes called Koni streets or orange. These are non-adjustable performance struts/shocks, maybe replacing the aging red line adjustables?? Anyways, they installed quick, no problems out of the box. So far they ride well, firmer than my worn OEM's. I'm not sure if they would be firmer...
  14. M

Boost and limp mode issues - 98 MK3

I got some logs run this weekend thanks to DanG144 and the Chapin GTG. While I thought the car was running well when it was not in limp mode, turns out I am not getting close to requested boost. I get code 575 - intermittant A normal running MK3 will bring actual MAP just a touch above...
  15. M

Brembo front brake rotors

I got some replacement Brembo's this past month to replace the warped Autozone specials I got 2 years ago. The rotors from Autozone were the cheapest they had and were warped from maybe the first month I had them. I've used Brembo's lots in the past, with only 1 set warping over the last 5...
  16. M

That little hose in the ECU

I finally got around to cracking open my ECU and this is what I found. I have been having an occasional limp mode. Driving with low boost at random was enough of a bother finally. Here is what I found when opening the case: Taking a closer look at the hose showed a clear hole in it. I...
  17. M

Weekend work!

With the weather looking great and some road trips in the future I am finally going to get to some servicing on the Jetta. I've picked up an oil cooler o-ring and a block gasket from my friend at VW. I should have new front rotors arriving today along with front control arm bushings. I want to...
  18. M

ABA hose clamps for vacuum lines

I have been looking for a source for ABA hose clamps. ABA makes high quality stainless steel hose clamps in sizes that fit the small vacuum lines that control just about anything on our cars. I do not want to use the cheap junk that is sold at advance or autozone, and the factory crimp clamps...
  19. M

WTB -- Car stereo factory or aftermarket

I need to replace the tape deck in my 1998 Jetta. I am looking for either a factory take out or something aftermarket that is used and not too expensive. Single DIN size. Let me know if you have anything you can part with! Thanks Mo
  20. M

new user, lbl and timing graph questions

Hi, I just got a vag com and am trying to learn to use it, but I'm having a few problems. I downloaded version 704, when I am using this version I cannot get the TDI timing graph button to show up when I go to engine, measuring blocks, 000, basic settings. The instructions say I need to press...