Search results

1. G

FS: 1990 Corrado TDI, Annapolis MD

SOLD Link to my partial build thread: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=340586 Link to pictures. Here are the specs: Engine • 1Z TDI from 1996 Passat, currently mileage is 181k • Kerma K03/K04 Hybrid (10k miles) • PP764 Injectors balanced by Atlantic Diesel (10k miles) • Malone...
  2. G

FS: BioPro 190 Biodiesel System, MD

5/30/15, New Price $3800. I sold my Golf this week, so I'm definitely not going to need to brew biodiesel anymore. After nearly 10 years of brewing, I have decided to give up homebrewing biodiesel. I do not drive nearly as much as I used to, and we are down to just my 2 diesels in the family...
  3. G

FS: Golf MkIV Custom winter grille

I have a reflex silver grille for a mkiv golf that I added two layers of vinyl fabric to block off all but the "ram air" portion. I used this in the winter to help the car warm up faster. You can also remove the vinyl and have the oettinger sport look. Paint is in good condition and was done...
  4. G

Wtb: 1Z or AHU Engine Cover

Looking for a plastic engine cover and grommets in good condition. Thanks!
  5. G

Gathering Info: Audi A4 (B5) Quattro to BHW

I'm considering a nicer family wagon for my wife to use, and I've always liked the B5 Audi Avants. Looking around, I see plenty of 2.8 Quattro Tiptronics for sale for cheap. Aside from the obvious loss of mileage (and fun), what would be the problem with bolting the BHW to the Audi automatic...
  6. G

Vibration and Injector Balance

I'm trying to track down my severe vibration at idle. Idles rough at 900 rpm, and smooths out considerably once it gets above 1200 rpm. So far I have: replaced the rear engine mount and tranny mount- vibration same previously my exhaust dumped under the car just after the catalytic...
  7. G

Towing and Tires Question

I will be towing a small cargo trailer 1200 miles over 4th of July with my 2004 Golf. Gross weight of the trailer should be right around 1400 lb, plus 3 adults and our stuff in the car...so figure 600 lb of weight inside the car. My question is, which tires would be best for this journey...
  8. G

90 Corrado to 96 1Z TDI Swap

Car is now for sale. It will be sad to see her go. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=461041 Current State of Car Pictures: I'm far enough into my Corrado swap that I don't feel too embarrassed making a build thread. TDIClub is a great web resource so I figure I can gain a good...
  9. G

Shift Tower Question converting to MKIV shifter

I need to know if the MKIV 02J shift tower will fit the B4 Tdi tranny. On my (now parts car) Corrado Tdi I used the Corrado shifter box and cables to mate up to the 02A shift tower. I'm getting ready to swap the Tdi engine/tranny into my much nicer newly acquired Corrado and I would like to...
  10. G

2000 Passat Wagon 6spd Tdi (not mine)

Found this local listing for a 2000 Tdi 6spd wagon. If it is legit, it must be a gray market car or a diplomat's vehicle. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/2152721022.html Not my car, and the only reason I posted this is because the ad has a local phone number...so who knows, it might...
  11. G

WTB: MKIII Jetta Fuel Sending Unit

I need a MKIII sending unit from a diesel for my Corrado conversion. I modified the B4 passat fuel pickup to fit the Corrado's larger opening, but it is still too tall for the tank. One from a MKIII Tdi should fit perfectly, and it does not have the integrated fuel pump.
  12. G

Dead Instrument Cluster?

I have what appears to be a dead instrument cluster in my TDI Corrado, but I wanted to double check the symptoms. LCD for Clock and Odometer work. High beam and Turn signal lights work. Nothing else works. Prior to the swap, everything worked, however the last time we moved the Passat...
  13. G

CE2 Air Conditioning Wiring Question

I have a favor/question about the fuse panel on a 1996 B4 sedan. For the Air Conditioning Wiring, should there be a harness plugged into the fuse box at location N? I'm elbow deep in the electrical portion of my Corrado swap, and this is one harness I seem to be missing from the Passat...
  14. G

N75 Valve Question

I was replacing the vacuum tubing on my 1Z engine this weekend and yanked a little too hard (hamfisted) on the nipple that goes to intake (atmospheric) side. It broke off clean at the valve body, so I might be able to glue it back in place. My question is, can I just leave this open to the...
  15. G

A4 Fuel Filter Tee Question

I broke the fuel thermostatic tee on my fuel filter, (1Z engine) and I wanted to know if anyone has tried using the newer style A4 tee with the smaller A3/B4 Fuel Filter? Reason I ask is, Impex has the A4 tees on sale for $12 and I'm local (no shipping). The replacement tee for the A3/B4 is...
  16. G

Timing Belt TDC Question

I was replacing the Timing Belt on my 1Z engine last night and noticed something odd, hopefully someone can help me out with. I rotated the engine so that TDC mark on the flywheel meets the TDC pointer mark. At this point, the camshaft lock plate will not go into the slot, since the slot is...
  17. G

2002 Audi TT PD Quattro on Craigslist

Not mine, but I stumbled upon this ad this morning on Baltimore Craigslist. Pics seem legit. Looks like a BEW, based on the engine cover. http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/1406261796.html 2002 Audi TT TDI - $18500 (Perry Hall) Date: 2009-10-04, 6:27PM EDT Reply to...
  18. G

TDI Glow Plug Harness 2 wire, Brand New, $50 shipped

SOLD! Brand New Unused TDI Glow Plug Harness. I only opened the packaging to get a better picture of it. Fits TDI's from 1996 through 2001, so all B4/A3 models and the early A4 models. These sell for around $65 plus shipping. Save some loot and get mine for $50 shipped to the US.
  19. G

ALH Intake Manifold, Sandblasted with New Gasket, $100 Shipped

SOLD to nixtaniq. Freshly cleaned and sandblasted ALH intake manifold. Fits all 1999-2003 Tdi's. Also included is a brand new gasket. This should save you that very dirty job of getting the built up soot out of your intake. I got this for my 1Z to eliminate the EGR, but managed to find a...