Search results

1. M

ALH 1.9 MK4 Cam shaft replacement. ONE damaged lifter?

Thanks for the reply, I plan on using 5w30 505 spec if that's correct, it was running 10w40 505 when the lifter started tapping 14k from last oil change
  2. M

ALH 1.9 MK4 Cam shaft replacement. ONE damaged lifter?

Hi there I have a 150k mile ALH engine that developed a noisy tappet when it was 4k overdue for an oil change, an inspection has been done and there is slight damage to the cam and only one lifter, now if it had been caused by oil starvation I would expect all the tappets to be damaged but its...
  3. M

TICKING NOISE. Is it lifters or something else? (With Audio)

Would that also create a tapping that increases with the RPM increase? Thanks for reply
  4. M

How much two stroke oil did you put in? Was it into a full tank of fuel? How long did you drive it while it was tapping for? Is the damage that is occurring happening only to my camshaft and tappets or will more problems arise from this if it's not replaced say within 1k miles? Thank you for...
  5. M

I've had noisy tappets before and I've never had this sound that happens when I turn the engine off, it's the last thing to make sound and it sounds like it's a double tap? Like it hits twice in quick sucession. Oil chain going slacker?
  6. M

Hi there I've been considering changing lifters camshaft and cambelt as I had thought that one of the lifters was ticking, but I'm starting to think it may not be a lifter? I have a golf MK4 TDI 1.9 ALH 151k miles and 60 miles before it was scheduled for an oil change it developed a ticking...
  7. M

Any Additives to fix tapping lifter?

1.9 mk4 tdi alh, lifter started knocking day before I was taking it in for an oil change and is still tapping after oil change. Gonna be £700+ to fix with new camshaft and belt. Just wondering if there is any chance a miracle additive of some type might possibly do something? Just worth a shot...
  8. M

*REPLY ASAP* Garage about to use Oil that was reffered to Trading Standards

It's more about it failing HTHS when engine is being pressed. Thinking of just going Rotella T6? Would you use this oil knowing its not living up to its own specs?
  9. M

I'd be happy with the hyperdrive oil if It hadn't of been for the investigation that showed it lacked HTHS specs, I do like to give it a good booting every now and then so the engine will be under some stress, is it a problem that it performs less than it was rated for? I'm reading rotella T6...
  10. M

Because I'm worried if it's only in the fuel and lubricants thread it won't get replied to in the three hours I have before I go down and leave a note telling them to use different oil. I'll delete both by then don't worry yourself.
  11. M

So you recommend not using the hyperdrive oil
  12. M

*URGENT* Garage about to use oil taken to trading standards!

But it's more about the fact they are using an oil that was investigated and failed twice
  13. M

Hi I have a MK4 TDI ALH that is getting an oil change tomorrow and asked what they where going to, they said Kerax Hyperdrive KXR C3 5w30 and upon going home and searching it I found this article https://pmmonline.co.uk/news/vls-escalates-engine-oil-case-to-trading-standards/ stating that this...
  14. M

*URGENT* Garage about to use oil taken to trading standards!

So I'm getting an oil change tomorrow and asked what they where going to use Kerax Hyperdrive KXR C3 5w30 and upon going home and searching it I found this article https://pmmonline.co.uk/news/vls-escalates-engine-oil-case-to-trading-standards/ stating that it has a failure to meet HTHS specs! I...