Search results

1. C

Very very sad day :((((

It almost did seem that way, he led the conversation with "How attached to this car are you?"
  2. C

Do I need both volumes of the book? I found volume 1 on ebay for 50 bucks, the only volume 2 available is with volume 1 and thats 200.
  3. C

Towed it to the shop just to make it easier, I know a guy so I he was able to get it to the shop for 50 bucks for me. That was worth not having to screw around with filling the radiator.
  4. C

I will look into this. Maybe I can convince her. I just have no idea how to go about replacing the radiator. The suspension I feel confident I could do, the brakes Im not sure on since they said they are so rusted I worry I might not be able to get them off myself. Im inclined to check but I...
  5. C

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

I agree, though a guy at a shop near me took me to the back of his shop to show me his B3 and I nearly **** myself, it looked so nice... I asked him if I could buy it and he said, not for sale. I cried.
  6. C

Took my 97 Passat TDI into the shop for a coolant leak. Found out that the radiator was cracked. Was just told its a 3.5 hour job as they have to take apart the whole front end for the replacement... Apparently radiators are very hard to find for this year now as well as being very expensive...
  7. C

Lost key 1997 Passat

Wow interesting, thank you for that information!
  8. C

Lost key 1997 Passat

They were the only locksmith in my area that would work on automotive locks. They wanted 120 dollars to just drive to my location, and if by chance for some reason they weren't able to cut the key, I would still have to pay for that trip charge. Then they wanted 170 dollars an hour im like...
  9. C

Lost key 1997 Passat

Even if I took it to them they are still going to charge me 170 dollars an hour + 18 to cut the key. I bought a new ignition lock cylinder for 15 dollars and ill put it in myself.
  10. C

Lost key 1997 Passat

Yeah we decided against that since the one wanted to charge me minimum 300 dollars for that. We just ordered a new lock ignition cylinder for 15 dollars. Yeah the keys that come with it won't work the doors, but its an old 1997 TDI 5 speed in a garage with nothing special about it. If someone...
  11. C

Lost key 1997 Passat

I lost my only key to my 1997 Passat. I read hours worth of stuff online trying to figure out what to do. Apparently there is a key code stamped on the lock cylinder of the door handle and ignition? I pulled the whole handle assembly off the door frame but for the life of me I cannot figure...
  12. C

Overboosting / Wastegate Cycling

Yeah I just read what the OP explained and it sounded like what I was experiencing. When im in 3rd or 4th gear, and really givin it (like on ramp to the hwy) once I get to high RPM's before redline the car will just bog down, if I switch gears or let off the gas all is well, no problems afterwards.
  13. C

Part of me feels like this wouldn't be my issue then since I just put brand new borg warner in last spring and that looks like its part of the base unit I installed.
  14. C

Where is the WG actuator? Pretty sure I am having the same issue. If it is dry and sticking, what should I do about it?
  15. C

Door trim piece

Hey guys what is the name or word I should be searching for for the long piece of plastic trim that runs across the outside of the doors? For the life of me I can’t figure out the name so I’m unable to find a replacement as mine is cracked to hell and the white pieces that plug into the door...
  16. C

Heads up: B4V roller for sale located in Waterford, WI

Bro... what is that front end called? That looks so sick!
  17. C

Heads up: B4V roller for sale located in Waterford, WI

Anyone know if this was a TDI? I have a 97 tdi passat sedan, and I would LOVE to upgrade to that wagon. Could just pull the engine and trans and slap it in. The body on that looks pretty clean. Also 25 gallon fuel tank is delicious. Just hit my all time best mpg on my passat driving from 10...
  18. C

How many 97 passat tdi were made/sold in the US

I want to say it costs me like next to nothing for insurance on my passat, I want to say 288/year for liability only. They wouldn't offer me any other coverage. But idk 24 bucks a month to drive a car is a bargain. My 2018 ford flex ecoboost with full coverage 250 comprehensive 500 collision...
  19. C

How many 97 passat tdi were made/sold in the US

I can tell for sure where im at its about $5 per gallon, and im getting 50mpg in my Passat. No way im driving my other vehicle as a daily over it, ive got a souped up 2018 Ford Flex ecoboost, close to 500hp and gets like 16mpg if you are really gentle with the throttle lmao.
  20. C

fog lamps

Any idea where I would get one? I have to check mine but I don't think it does pull out.