Search results

1. K

Can anyone tell what this noise is?

So it sounded fine until timing belt change. I will start with the tensioner. I have heard people say the belt sounds “overtightened” (not in my case) I just wasn’t sure what that sounded like.
  2. K

What would be your fix if that’s the issue?
  3. K

Hello, I did a timing belt change ( belt, idlers, tensioner, water pump) on my car and now when the car is running, it sounds strange like maybe a bearing in one of the rollers is going out, or maybe it’s the tensioner? Is anyone able to listen to the video and has any ideas on what is making...
  4. K

Sold: 14 JSW TDI parts car, Hustisford, WI

Very interested. PM’ed.
  5. K

Help determining whether it is worth to repair a 2002 GOLF GLS TDI for $3K+

I think that a driveway job can be just as good as a professional job. Pretty sure Autozone offers a lifetime warranty on there brake pads now similar to FCP Euro. And also, Harbor Freight tools needed to do a break job would work just as fine as OEM, or name brand. It’s not always the quality...
  6. K

2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread

Kirk said he was planning on a GTG this year! Woohoo! Post 103 https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/west-michigan-fall-tdi-gtg-oct-5th-2019.501061/page-4
  7. K

Under seat storage trays.

Also, this is what I’m talking about.
  8. BC2437B0-FB53-43EB-ACF5-F838D63F4EFE.jpeg

BC2437B0-FB53-43EB-ACF5-F838D63F4EFE.jpeg

9. K

I’m pretty sure if you have your CPL, it can be both. It’s just kind of uncomfortable having it on your person while driving.
  10. K

Does anyone here have the under seat compartments for the mk6 golf or JSW? Wondering if they are large enough to hold a compact “thunder stick”. (Not sure what rules are for firearm talk) Obviously not to store when I’m not in the car. More so to just have a place to store while driving.
  11. K

WTB Parts for my new ALH project NW NJ.

Yes, gasket maker will do a time or 2.
  12. K

WTB Parts for my new ALH project NW NJ.

You can replace just the valve cover gasket but wow is it a job. You will be scraping for hours. Normally you would replace the valve cover with the molded On gasket. It technically is a one piece design. ( cover and gasket) I have an aftermarket valve cover that I do not need. I would do $60...
  13. K

Piping a common rail like the good ole days

EGR is overrated. Your putting corrosive gasses back in the engine as a “filler.” The Big diesel manufacturers are actually trying to get rid of them on new engines. And thanks, @adjat84th, I was wondering about that. I heard the 02Qs do not hold up to a single mass? Do stock DMFs stand up to...
  14. K

WTB 02A selector shaft and shift tower, '02-'03 pancake pipe

You need the stock black plastic tdi one, or would you be interested in the 1.8T metal pancake pipe? I have both.
  15. K

I have a manual. Ya I was just adding some stuff in the cart at darkside and things got expensive. I’ll have to settle with just “mild” enhancements for now.
  16. K

@DivineChaos, does your current car have a bigger turbo? Does that help with mpgs? I plan on keeping the car until it rots away.
  17. K

Right now I’m completely stock. Got a malone stage 2 and rawtek exhaust I need to install once I find a timing belt. I have seen a couple guys saying doing the intake swirl flap delete can add a couple mpg. I’m only getting 36-37 currently. Just want to get her up higher during these high fuel...
  18. K

Has anyone on here gotten rid of all of the extra gizmos and gadgets in a common rail? I’m talking deleting all after treatment, all EGR, swirl flaps, exhaust flaps, dampeners and whatever else there is crammed into the engine bay. Just some smooth piping from air filter, to turbo, to...
  19. K

Axles - 5 speed and 6 speed manual transmission

That sounds like a good question for @rbrennick since he has done this swap before!