Search results

1. B

Anyone still have their TDI's?

Thanks!
  2. B

Hey Oilhammer. If we decide to keep it that might be the route to go. Which tune did he get? Our best mileage stock was 32 Mpg on a trip to North Carolina. All highway of course.
  3. B

Hopefully Fiat has worked out all the DEF system issues by now. We bought a '14 GC Ecodiesel Brand new. Great engine, but the DEF system sucks. All my trips to the dealer have been for DEF related repairs. I don't normally buy extended warranties, but I'm glad I did for that car.
  4. B

My 05 Golf is in my barn waiting for me to replace the transmission. I bought a '14 Chevy Volt in the meantime which I actually really like (much more than I thought I might). I also have a Tesla model 3 reservation, but at the rate they are going I may never see the configuration I'm waiting...
  5. B

TDI Clubber in Burlington, WI?

I live nearby and am frequently in Burlington,but it likely wasn't me. I drive a silver golf with Wolfsburg edition wheels. Welcome to the neighborhood! Bob
  6. B

Window trim/seals

Thanks. I understand the difference. I saw mention of the door seals in the thread and was expressing interest since mine are torn. I have no idea how mine tore, but they are, and a lot of the little nibs that hold them in are broke as well. Bob
  7. B

Window trim/seals

I need door seals for an mkiv golf as well. Both rear doors are ripped and last I checked it was about $70 for one door. yikes! Bob
  8. B

Extra door lock switches for sale

Yeah, sorry but I don't. I bought a bunch at once when I needed them and sold the extras to help other people out since Allied has an order minimum. Bob
  9. B

Looking for a tinter in SE Wisconsin

Thanks guys. I'll check them out. Bob
  10. B

Looking for a tinter in SE Wisconsin

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent tint shop in SE Wisconsin? Looking for a quality job at a fair price. Thanks! Bob
  11. B

RAFFLE: Support Oilhammer - Win a prize!

I just bought another. Working fine. Bob
  12. B

RAFFLE: Support Oilhammer - Win a prize!

Awesome idea. Thanks to the folks who made it happen. Raffle purchased !
  13. B

Golf rear window blowout

Ouch. I feel lucky that I only walked out of the glass shop $280 lighter. Let's hope it lasts.
  14. B

Golf rear window blowout

Thanks Jason.. I'll check it out in the morning. I'm assuming the vent exists to equalize the air pressure in the cabin when you close the doors, correct? Bob
  15. B

Golf rear window blowout

Ends up the glass company couldn't get the glass until Wednesday. What is the vent you guys are talking about? I did wash the car a day before maybe some ice built up there. I also have the trim off the hatch. My lock release is acting wonky. Yet one of many other crazy electrical...
  16. B

Golf rear window blowout

So it is in the 20s (degrees F). here today. I got in my golf and closed the driver door (with the typical amount of force I usually use ) and I hear what's sounds like ice falling off my car. When I looked in my rear view mirror I realized the sound was actually my rear window blowing out...
  17. B

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70162334
  18. B

Shop move.

Wow. Dig the shop Jason. The floors are sooooo shiny. Especially like the lift to the balcony. Doing something similar in my garage. Enjoy it. Bob
  19. B

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

I ordered a few extra of the sealed switches when I ordered. Selling the extras here. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=368817
  20. B

I've got 7 at the moment. PM me and I can send a Paypal invoice if you need some.