Search results

1. B

cold weather electric starting problem '96 B4V

i have truly never meant any disrespect. I did go look at the relay thread, studied it, looked at my car, and the "hack" under the dash still doesn't make sense. I do know now that the first step was putting in a correct glow plug relay. I finally got one and did that. car starts no problem...
  2. B

Thanks Steve. I had an early look this morning. the fused wire appears to be coming from the battery, into the fuse block. Once thru the firewall, it Y's to the main fuse panel, which is the part fused. the other leg of the 'Y' goes back out through the firewall, and is in a bundle of...
  3. computer.jpg

computer.jpg

RDW computer
  4. panel.jpg

panel.jpg

1996 B4v
  5. B

Todd- i replaced the large fuse wired inline, because it got so hot it almost caught fire. whoever owned it before, put this large fuse in there, when i could see from a wiring diagram, the interior fuse is 20amps, and the engine side fuse is 50a. if it irritates you to read posts and answer...
  6. B

When i looked at a wiring diagram, there is a 50a under the hood, and a 20a under the dash.
  7. B

Good morning- Merry Christmas. My latest tdi has a cold electric issue. if the weather is mildish, it seems to be less problematic. turn key to heat glow plugs, maybe 2x or 3x before turning over, (30 degrees or so outside) start car. smoke from under dash, turn car off. i discover previous...