Search results

1. Nick.G.S

Fan Control Module Replacement

I bought mine off FCP, so hopefully it's oem quality. I took the battery tray off and was met with the picture below. Found another thread on here about it, turns out it's just a PITA job. Gotta remove battery and tray, air box, wire harness. The whole nine. Blows...
  2. battery0001.jpg

battery0001.jpg

A4 golf underneath battery tray. Highlighting location of FCM bolts underneath harness.
  3. Nick.G.S

How do I remove Fan Control Module ??

Life saver. Thanks man
  4. Nick.G.S

Fan Control Module Replacement

Trying to replace my radiator fan control module. Already have the part and went to install it this morning. I watched a couple videos of earlier mk4's and was disappointed to find a much different wire set up underneath the battery tray... The wiring harness completely covers the bolts holding...
  5. Nick.G.S

Pre-mature air filter check, bad move?

Well, I was reading some threads that suggested that by removing my old filter, I had broken the rubber seal of the filter, and thus by putting it back in, I would expose my MAF to dust that could sneak in now that my filter's seal is supposedly broken, meaning an expensive MAF replacement down...
  6. Nick.G.S

Pre-mature air filter check, bad move?

Hey all. Recently purchased my Golf TDI. I bought the car before I knew how precious and important the correct engine oil is to this generation of TDI's. I only use the recommended 5w40 diesel spec oil. Regardless, I've been hyper vigilant about looking for and catching symptoms of cam wear...
  7. Nick.G.S

Poor warm start and shifting 1.9 BEW

Currently driving home for the holidays. My OBD reader is showing some incredibly bizzare readings. The temp gauge in the vehicle warmed up to 190°f but my scanner is showing a ECT reading of 19°f. It will randomly read hotter around 178-185, but never 190, before dropping down into something...
  8. Nick.G.S

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll go ahead and give his shop a call and see if they have any input.
  9. Nick.G.S

It was at a TDI VW specific shop. The shop is Courtesy Auto here in Madison. Dave (the owner) does seem incredibly knowledgeable and forth coming with information or answers to questions that I have.
  10. Nick.G.S

Hello all, I'm hoping someone with more insight than me could provide me with some advice on an issue that is currently unfolding with my 2005 Golf 1.9 TDI BEW 5sp auto/tiptronic (09A I believe) with 135,100 miles. I recently had my timing belt and water pump replaced this past week and have...