Search results

1. GolfPD

TDI BEW Connecting Rod Bearings

Awesome, just ordered a set from you, thanks.
  2. GolfPD

TDI BEW Connecting Rod Bearings

I'm currently doing a bottom end refresh on a spare BEW engine of mine. I have read that you can use ALH connecting rod bearings on the BEW. According to this thread: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/alh-vs-pd100-bew-rod-bolts.341843/post-3684250 "you can use ALH bearings...just...
  3. GolfPD

ALH Swap into MK1 Cabriolet No Start Problem

Hi all. I am currently in the process of swapping an ALH from a MK4 New Beetle into my 1987 VW Cabriolet. I am using a harness made by Fast Forward Automotive. The timing belt and components have been replaced using the proper locking tools. I recently tried starting the engine for the first...
  4. GolfPD

PD TDI Torsion Timing Question

Hello. I have an '04 BEW Golf with stage 1.5 Malone Tune and EGR delete. I recently checked torsion value with VCDS and it was at 0.0. I have read that 0.0 can either mean that the torsion value is spot on, or it is way out of range. I have some black smoke on heavy throttle, and the engine has...
  5. GolfPD

WTB: ALH TDI Engine, 5 Speed Trans, ECU & Wiring Harness, etc.

Hello everyone. I want to buy a complete ALH TDI engine (with turbo and injection pump), a 5 Speed transmission, Wiring Harness and ECU, throttle pedal, and shifter box/cable linkage. All of this is for a swap into a mk1. I'm located in NC but am willing to drive for the right deal. Please let...
  6. GolfPD

Bad Serp Tensioner or Bad Alternator Pulley?

I had the same symptoms. I replaced the alternator pulley and it went away.
  7. GolfPD

Who made their mk4 TDI their daily driver?

I drive my Golf daily. The MPGs cannot be beat!
  8. GolfPD

BEW Hunting Idle

It usually hunts for around 30 seconds upon startup. When warm it does not hunt. I will see if I can aquire a VCDS to check. Which measuring blocks should I watch?
  9. GolfPD

Foamy coolant

I have read that you can put a rubber glove on the coolant tank. You can start it up when cold and see if it gives you "the finger" quickly.
  10. GolfPD

Foamy coolant

Sounds like a head gasket to me. Do some tests and a pressure tester to make sure.
  11. GolfPD

BEW Hunting Idle

Good evening everyone. My '04 BEW has a slight hunting idle when the engine is first started when cold. It varies +/-50rpm every second or so. I have read that this may be a result of a negative torsion value. I have no VCDS at the moment. I am achieving 50+ mpg consistently. Is hunting idle an...
  12. GolfPD

Timing Belt Decision in North Carolina

Agreed. $1600 is a lot of money. If you decide to do it yourself there is a lot of knowledgeable people here on the forums who can help you along the way.
  13. GolfPD

Timing Belt Decision in North Carolina

I have heard great things about Apex Tuning near Raleigh for timing belts.
  14. GolfPD

My BEW fuel economy experience...

Good point. I suppose I have become more mindful of fuel consumption the more I drive.
  15. GolfPD

TDI Cup Edition on BaT

Sweet!
  16. GolfPD

My BEW fuel economy experience...

No other major mods. Stock downpipe. I use Liqui-moly 505.01 oil and add some Lucas fuel additive every tank. I do plan to swap to the BRM intake manifold soon and eliminate the EGR cooler.
  17. GolfPD

Finished installing new turbo on BEW and the boost pipe wont go in

Awesome. I had that same pipe fail on my '04 BEW and it caused problems. Glad you got it figured out.
  18. GolfPD

Car died after oil light came on…

I hope everything ends up okay, keep us posted.
  19. GolfPD

Tdi turbo question

Did the engine run away when your turbo blew? If so, did you drain the intercooler of oil when you put the new turbo in?
  20. GolfPD

BEW EGR Delete/Intake Manifold Options

Please do, I am interested as well.