1. R

ENGINE SURGE!!!

Okay thanks I’ll do that!
  2. R

ENGINE SURGE!!!

Gets too good of mileage to do that. Drive fine last winter
  3. R

ENGINE SURGE!!!

That’s the worst part. No coded and readiness test is all good. Just only does it when on rumble strips and anything above around 2000 rpm’s in the cold. In the summer no problems!!
  4. R

ENGINE SURGE!!!

Did some research on it and if I unplug maf it goes into limp mode and sets it’s own maf calculation while I drive it. So if I drive it with maf unplugged and it’s fine then I got a bad maf. Just wondering if anybody else thinks there might be another cause of the problem.
  5. R

ENGINE SURGE!!!

I’m thinking maf because it’s only when it’s cold. It’s never been replaced and the engine has 217k
  6. R

ENGINE SURGE!!!

Ya I thought that too but I drive up north for 3 hrs to see family and it still did it. It was running at normal operating temps.
  7. R

ENGINE SURGE!!!

No, when I drive on the rumble strips in the summer nothing happens.
  8. R

ENGINE SURGE!!!

I have a 2006 VW tdi 1.9l Jetta. Engine runs AMAZING in the summer and no problems!! In the winter. When it gets cold and if I ride on the rumble strips on the road the engine hesitates or jerks. It also now when I go above 2000 rpm’s will do the same thing! Replaces the fuel filter about 10,000...