Search results

1. C

***SOLD*** FS: BHW BSD kit, subframe pins, timing tool kit, crankshaft seal installer, vacuum pump: Sacramento, CA $250 ***SOLD***

****SOLD**** I took apart my BHW after I bought all these parts and found out it was already gear driven. I used one of the bearings from the BSD kit and can't remember which it was, but the rest of that kit is complete. I changed the vacuum pump, but I don't think it was bad, I was just...
  2. PXL_20230726_023143140.jpg

PXL_20230726_023143140.jpg

Kerma TDI BSD kit
  3. PXL_20230726_023105191.jpg

PXL_20230726_023105191.jpg

Crankshaft Seal Installer
  4. PXL_20230726_023020063.jpg

PXL_20230726_023020063.jpg

BHW vacuum pump (used)
  5. PXL_20230726_023000892.MP.jpg

PXL_20230726_023000892.MP.jpg

Subframe Alignment Pins
  6. PXL_20230726_022947459.jpg

PXL_20230726_022947459.jpg

Freedom Racing Tool Kit
  7. C

Transmission fluid and oil leaks...yep...more of them...

I finally got around to this thing, it's been sitting since the last post. Trying to drive it home it felt like it was slipping (or TC not locking up). I'd push the pedal and get not much more than revs at 60mph. So I limped it home. Maybe this really damaged it? I dropped the pan (pan...
  8. C

Transmission fluid and oil leaks...yep...more of them...

I'm constantly leaking oil but lately the transmission feels like it's slipping a little. Lo and behold, there is some fluid on the ground...that I assume is transmission fluid...I suppose it could be diff fluid too. So I put it up on stands and check the fluid...dipping my finger in the fill...
  9. C

Accessory Belt Tensioner BOLT part number

Thanks guys. The bolt I got wouldn't work cuz it's a hex head...doh! So now I've ordered 5 socket head grade 12.9 bolts. They were $13 shipped which is cheaper than replacing the already new tensioner and I can use the 4 extras if I need to put the front in service position. This is the 2nd...
  10. C

Well, I didn't find a part number, but the bolt is M8 1.25 x 120. I found a Grade 8.8 1.25 x 110 that I'm going to use for now. I have to wait a day for the belt to get here but I should have it back together tomorrow. It's not difficult to pull the alternator off to get to the tensioner...
  11. C

Replaced the tensioner on my BHW not too long ago. Lost power steering today, popped hood, accessory serpentine belt tensioner was sitting funky. The bolt sheared, either I overtorqued it or undertorqued it. In any case, I need a new one. Anybody have the part number or know where I can get...
  12. C

Yet another oil leak identification question.

So, ended up putting it back together withOUT doing the delete. So basically I just replaced the front seal...and I don't think the leak was actually coming from there in the first place 🤬. I've learned a lot and gathered necessary tools but not actually solved the initial problem of the oil...
  13. C

Whelp, here I am, all torn into the BHW and discovered the BSM has already been replaced with gears. What's preventing me from just putting it all back together is that I'm not looking forward to removing the gear on the crankshaft or putting the sprocket on. I'm thinking the gear is probably...
  14. C

Yeah, I did that already. That's why I did the tandem pump because it was leaking back there too. I'm pretty certain this is the front seal. So, considering that, this oil leak is going to lead me to BSM delete and timing belt change. Those things need to be done anyway...I just didn't want...
  15. C

Whew, it's been awhile. I'll have an opportunity to work on this soon. It's definitely not the breather tube. The valve cover has a little bit of a film around it but definitely not a leak of this magnitude. I wouldn't say the timing belt is "covered" in oil either, but it's a thicker film...
  16. C

DOH!!! Sorry about that. I uploaded and fixed the links. Thanks Turbo and Doobie!
  17. Another shot behind timing cover

Another shot behind timing cover

Not wet with oil like down below.
  18. Behind timing cover

Behind timing cover

Sort of "clean". I think it's blown around and accumulated oil from seepage somewhere else.
  19. A different leak.

A different leak.

Possibly a leak from a different area of motor.