Search results

1. EARL97850

TDI CEL Alerts

How many of the TDI owners are experiencing the O2 sensor alert over & over again? Is it really worth it for me to continue to pursue getting either a Audi Q5, Porsche Cayenne diesel or a VW Touareg TDI? I've read that a lot of TDI owners spend a few days every couple weeks in the shop to...
  2. EARL97850

Touareg or Cayenne or Q5

If you could compare the two equally, which would you get in the diesel platform & why? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. EARL97850

'02 for '09

Although, this isn't the smartest idea, but I'm toying with the idea of letting go of my '02 Jetta and looking to get a '09 Jetta in its place. I'm really liking the new looks and the wife has started the hints. Is it a dumb idea to trade a '02 TDI for a '09 TDI? It would probably be another...
  4. EARL97850

Vag Software

Is there a difference in software and or cables to connect to a Jetta TDI and a Touareg Gasser? I apologize if this was asked before. Cya
  5. EARL97850

Automatics & Economy

I guess I fit in with the rest of the A4 automatics on the 40-44 mpg when cruising on the highway. I'd like to know an average of increase if I modded the nozzles or chipped the car? Well, that is after you get done blowing everyone's doors off you can get to race you. I'd just like to get...
  6. EARL97850

Battery Drain

I'm experiencing a drain on my 9mo. old battery. My job requires that my ar is parked outside in the weather for two days at a time before I am able to start it up again and drive a short distance home. Now that the weather has started to turn cold I'm noticing that there is a slightly...
  7. EARL97850

Auto Trans Question

I'm wondering if anyone does anything with their auto's in respect to warming up and or fuel mileage? What about selecting 2nd gear and leaving there to hold rpm's up to help spool the turbo and decrease the warming up time. I live in a small town and there is not any high speed streets above...
  8. EARL97850

Mini pc's

Does anyone know if there is any vag-com like programs that can work with a handheld mini pc? I have a 4100 series HP Ipac and was wondering about additional uses. I looked to see if this had been asked befor and found nothing. Thanks, Cya Joe
  9. EARL97850

Center Console

I'm having some problems with the stock center (armrest) console becoming loose and lowering itself with the side to side motion thats present. I hope I'm making myself clear enough. (I'm even confused) Cya, Joe:cool:
  10. EARL97850

Nozzles? What size?

I've got a '02' jetta w/an automatic, and I'm just about up to that 50k mark. How big of a nozzle swap should I go, or should I put a chip in? What make of chip? Thanks Joe
  11. EARL97850

Lucus Fuel Additive

Has anyone used Lucus with any good results? Lucus is readily available and is not overpriced if it will do what it claims. Thanks, Joe
  12. EARL97850

Engine Light

I started my jetta this morning and after moving about a block or so the engine light came on. There is no noticeable loss of power, extra smoke, or any extra rattling noise other than that wonderful diesel rattle. HELP Please Thanks Cya, Joe
  13. EARL97850

HELP! Speaker wiring fix!

Can anyone point me in the direction that describes or shows photos of the rewiring fix in our VW's? I searched to no avail. Thanks Joe
  14. EARL97850

Satellite Radio

I received a Delphi skyfi satellite radio for a birthday present. My question is this. Has anyone mounted one of these in their 02' Jetta. Thanks Joe
  15. EARL97850

Satallite Radio

Has anyone out there added Satallite radio to there A4 Jetta? I'm looking to add an aftermarket setup to my 02 Jetta and I'm looking for advice and input about how to add a antenna and exactly how to mount the head unit. I guess it all depends on what brand I get. Anyone have a suggestion...
  16. EARL97850

Delvac? Cat ? Rotella?

Dalvac is hard to find and to high priced! It's catapiller cousin is still not cheap but is attainable both price wise and availablity. The new comer to this lube war is a veteran. Rotella has provided dino oil for diesel's for what seems like ever. I guess my question is this. Rotella is...
  17. EARL97850

Rotella

Soo, Is Rotella ok to use in the TDI or not? It sure is cheaper and easier to get. Thanks, Joe
  18. EARL97850

Broken Windows

After the window clip breaks, does the window stay in the position last held before breakage, or does the window just simply fall?
  19. EARL97850

Broken Window

After the clip breaks, what usally hapens? My passenger window clip broke and the window is in the up position. Is there a chance that the window can fall on its own, or does it stay in the position it was in before it broke? What a BUMMER
  20. EARL97850

Espar heating systems

Has anyone here installed a Espar into their TDI? How difficult was it to install, and does it really work?