Search results

1. The Ripster

Cold Weather Intercooler Kit (1K0198803B)

Well finally got an email from the dealership that the kit was in. I have been after this for 1 1/2 years and had almost given up. Called them up and seems there is a flash that goes with it, to let the engine realize there are parts there? Thanks to PAJETTATDI and his photos of his install...
  2. The Ripster

ServCo FS and Dieselex Gold additive

In the midwest there is a coop or company called Servco FS or Conserv FS (depending on area) that has an additive that they use only in delivered fuel. Google any of this and you will see. The additive is specifically designed for CR systems like John Deere and others. Seems that another...
  3. The Ripster

TDI Fest Weather

The weather is sure changing on the long range forecast. This morning it was rain for Fri Sat Sun, now it shows Sunny and 92 degrees each day. Sure hope it holds for the Sun.
  4. The Ripster

Firewall Access for EGT Gauge

I am hoping someone has all ready done this or knows the answer. I am installing an EGT after turbo, looking for two things. Access thru the firewall for wires and a place I can install a water temp plug. Looking for either a bolt or somwhere I can install a water temp sensor. Would prefer...
  5. The Ripster

2011 Jetta Shop Manual

I have always had a shop manual and when I went to get one, they said that they are on a DVD. First they did not know if they could sell me one, then they checked and said sure. Then they were not able to order any, seems they do most things on line, suggested I call VWOA. Called them and...
  6. The Ripster

Back Into the TDI Family Again

After taking a 3 year rest, tried to buy a 09, scared away from fuel issues, look again in 2010 and scared away again, drove a 98 Jetta till it was time to sell, then a 98 E320 Mercedes, nice ride, then I really left my senses and purchased a 2010 Honda Civic, fair mileage, but no power, rattles...
  7. The Ripster

98 Jetta UP of Michigan 5 speed manual

*sold* I am selling my 98 Jetta 4 door TDI with 243,411 miles on it. I have replaced the seats with leather from another VW. The turbo was replaced (I just wanted to) at 200k with a new OEM turbo. The injectors were updated and new tips at 200k also. I drove to MoGolf and did the timing belt...
  8. The Ripster

Dreaded A-3 Power Issue

I have read all threads with the power loss on the A-3's, replaced all hoses, the N-75 was replaced and graphs taken, early this spring, replaced turbo with new, new clean intake, and it ran perfect all summer and fall. I kept waiting till the temp was below 20 and bingo, hoses all checked...
  9. The Ripster

Turbo/Intake Replacement Suggestions

I am going to replace my intake and turbo in a couple of weeks, just to freshen up the 210k engine in my 98 Jetta. Any threads out there that detailed this in the past, did a search. And any who have done it, are there any gotcha's that if you had known you would have ordered the parts in...
  10. The Ripster

Wanted A-3 98 Jetta Intake to buy

Looking for an A-3 Jetta Intake if anyone has one. Need to get one cleaned up and ready for when I take mine off and get it cleaned. Would be simpler to just pop one back on and clean the other one later.
  11. The Ripster

08 Mercedes Bluetech loaner car

My company CEO has a Porsche Cayanne (sp) He took his car in for service and they will keep it this week and gave him a new Bluetec MB 320. I will be driving it on Thursday for over 100 miles, I can take photos and I have never heard anything so quiet and refined, amazing machine, I will have...
  12. The Ripster

Manifold Boost Pressure Loss of Power Revisited

I have read through posts where A-3 owners have taken 1-2 years to figure this out, man I don't know if I can handle it that long, I fuss over my car and this will drive me nuts. New N-75, all new hoses, sprayed the wastegate and when I go under the car is does move. No restriction in incoming...
  13. The Ripster

Where to buy A-3 boost hoses

I have searched for a thread where someone has done the boost hoses, like they have done for the vacuum hoses on the A-3 TDI. I have searched a few of the common vw web sites, but I am either not searching with the correct word or the aftermarket does not have a supply. Looking to replace them...
  14. The Ripster

Oh my goodness the cloud of soot!!!!

Well finally got around to adjusting my exhaust for off roading today, removed the resonator, left the muffler, straight pipe to the muffler. Could not see through the existing on road system. After 190,000 miles the cloud I blew out was amazing, 10 years building in the muffler and finally it...
  15. The Ripster

Trip to LanduytG and MoGolf

Trip to LanduytG and MoGolf (PHOTOS) I am just finishing up a trip down to Greg's where I had nozzles put on my 98 Jetta--Sprint 520's. Greg was very efficient with installing the nozzles, and after a local breakfast we had them done in about an hour. With 185,000 on the clock, the new ones of...
  16. The Ripster

Need A-3 98 Jetta injector steel fuel lines

I saw them once but I need a set of the four steel lines from the injector pump to the injectors for a 98 Jetta TDI. Anyone know of an online location for these lines. I have one that is extremely corroded and need to replace them.
  17. The Ripster

Bought 98 Jetta (could not resist the dark side)

Well I am back. After a short time without a TDI and keeping my diesel fix with the wife's CRD, some friends finally sold me their 98 Jetta with 180,000 miles, but I am pretty impressed after putting 300,000 on a 99.5 Golf Auto. All stock, been going through it trying to get up to speed on all...
  18. The Ripster

Annual Bob Sides (Hondo) Memorial Day GTG

This year Bob and Rosemary will be in Las Vegas during the Memorial Day weekend. Anyone Michiganer or other group that would like to host that weekend, there should be 50 or so TDI's that are out there--maybe thinking of going to your garage.
  19. The Ripster

Who Says TDI's don't keep their value *DELETED*

Who Says TDI\'s don\'t keep their value *DELETED* Post deleted by The Ripster
  20. The Ripster

Who Says TDI's don't keep their value

Who Says TDI\'s don\'t keep their value Well after 229,000 miles and a really good morning of deer hunting on the way to work---$4100 in damage and they will replace the entire door, no skins available. For any you keeping track, this is #2. So far almost $9000 in deer damage--poor car...