Search results

1. C

EGR delete questions.

Yeah I figured that one out from some reading, that's it though?
  2. C

EGR delete questions.

I just deleted the EGR on my 06 brm, only thing I did was toss on the block off plates and unplug the EGR valve. Is there anything else I should be unplugging or vac lines I should be plugging/removing? Thanks in advance!
  3. C

Power loss after replacing turno

Thanks, after reading this I looked at it another time and realized it wasn't even hooked up! Now it's all working great, I appreciate your advice!
  4. C

How many are there? The EGR on my car was deleted so I think the only one for the turbo was the wastegate and it's still on good, are there any others?
  5. C

That's what I thought at first so I pulled out a T20 safety torx but it was 6 point as all of mine are, I'm thinking that it is probably a special Volkswagen tool.
  6. C

Yes, everything is stock, I tried to clean the MAF sensor but I guess it needs a 5 point bit that I don't have, what would it be called? I believe everything is hooked up correctly as I've went over it multiple times. Just waiting to borrow my friends code reader, hopefully in the next couple days!
  7. C

Didn't measure it but like you said it was next to nothing, barely enough to feel at all
  8. C

The old turbo had the shaft snap and dumped all the oil in the exhaust and intercooler. I got the current turbo from a lightly used engine but it was still in good shape!
  9. C

Nope, actually bought a lightly used turbo from a friend's engine, he sold it to me since he was getting a bigger one. It was in great shape, nearly no shaft play.
  10. C

Haha, nope, I'm a 16 year old novice mechanic, I am going to borrow my friends scanner in a couple days, just thought I would seek some advise in the meantime!
  11. C

I recently bought a 2002 TDI Alh Jetta, 5 days later the turbo blew, now after replacing the turbo and making sure the engine is ok the car seems to not be boosting very much at all. After driving it the first time I made sure all the hoses were right and they were. Also after climbing to about...
  12. C

What steps would someone take to do a compression test?

Thanks for the advice, I think what I will probably do is just get a new turbo and see what happens, would you say that I should get a new oil line as well, mine has no kinks or twists as I was careful taking it off.
  13. C

What is 'normal' cylinder compression on an ALH?

Hi there, not sure if you are still on here (8 years later😂) however if you are I could use some advice. I just did a compression test on my 2002 TDI alh Jetta and cylinders 1, 2 and 3 are all around 455 but cylinder 4 is at 400, should I be worried about it? I have heard that there shouldn't be...
  14. C

When I did it I had the charger hooked up the whole time, set to boost. I also tested the 4th cylinder 4 seperate times, should I still try it again?
  15. C

Thanks for all the tips, I just did the test and cylinders 1, 2 and 3 were all right around 455psi however cylinder 4 tested right at 400psi which is about a 12% difference. I have heard that it shouldn't be more than 10% and I'm not sure if there is any way of telling but would anyone have...
  16. C

Where would the fuel shut off valve be, is it pretty much the only wiring harness going to the pump?
  17. C

I am 16 and I'm a complete novice with cars so I just want to make sure I do this right. I recently bought a 2002 VW Jetta TDI with the ALH engine, about a week later the turbo shaft connecting the hot and cold side snapped. This resultingly sucked most of my engine oil as well as lots of metal...
  18. C

Should I be worried about a bent rod?

Finally, a hopeful comment lol. When you changed your turbos, did you do them from the top or the bottom? If I do it from the bottom I have to remove the front axle, but if I do it from the top I have to remove the intake manifold. What would you recommend doing for a somewhat novice on working...
  19. C

I only kinda thought that it was the turbo at first but after taking off the hose on the intake side I now know that is us definitely the turbo (possibly amongst other things that I haven't found yet). The impeller blades are completely mangled and there is a lot of play in the shaft, but when...
  20. C

I didn't bring it to a shop or anything so I'm not sure the extent of the damage but after looking at the compression impeller of the turbo I can tell that it is definitely one of the things that broke, the fins are completely mangled and it has a large amount of play.