Search results

1. B

Ford ranger TDI

I think the automatic and manual transmission trucks took the same transfer case, so if you find a 4x4 transmission (not the 2wd version with a tailshaft instead of a shaft meant to connect to a transfer case) it should work. Seems like a very few of the F150's got the ZF5 manual transmission...
  2. B

Ford ranger TDI

The 5 speed Mazda box in the F150's is a heavier duty version than the same 5 speed box in the Rangers I belive -- M5OD1 vs M5OD2, or something. Not sure exact torque ratings of each. I have a 91 F150 as well, with the 300 straight six, and it feels much more torquey than the ranger V6's or...
  3. B

Ford ranger TDI

4. B

Ford ranger TDI

Yeah, my partner has a FJ60, stock, that gets like 14mpg... 23 would be awesome :) I think we got the south end of that storm. An inch or two at most, and a bit of wind. It has a new cam and balance shaft delete, and a stage 2 tune from malone.... still figuring out exactly what that means...
  5. B

Ford ranger TDI

Got about 28.5mpg on the highway driving it home from nebraska, keeping 60 to 70mph. 24mpg mixed driving in the mountains here with some offroading and a bit of cold starts and idling. Working on tweaking the tuning still, hopefully can get it a little higher. Not nearly what we used to get...
  6. B

Ford ranger TDI

Hi everyone. Just picked this truck up -- 2005 ford ranger with a BHW transplanted in. Was looking at this particular swap for a year or so, and found this one already done instead of buying the parts and doing it myself. Yes, we had snow last night :)