Search results

1. 4breezes

Lugnut

Thank you sir.
  2. 4breezes

Lugnut

I've checked now, pulled the wheel and did an "eyes-on" on the hub. The female thread on the hub is also messed up. That means I'll have to get a new hub, with bearing I think. That is, unless I can chase out the thread with a tap and die set. What size would I need to simply chase out the...
  3. 4breezes

Lugnut

Yesterday I got new tires for my 2014 JSW. They're nothing fancy, just good utilitarian tires from Costco. I'm afraid my days of needing fancy high speed tires are long gone. The tire tech called me back to look at one of the lugnuts, rear passenger side. It was well and truly buggered up...
  4. 4breezes

Oil Filter and Skid Plate

Thanks. I was in a rush, and lacking expertise, I got the oil and filter at the VW dealer, and therefore paid a king's ransom for them. My next concern with be the fact that I have only a single key fob. A second fob is quite expensive, though I'm sure you all know that. Following that...
  5. 4breezes

Thank you, gentlemen. I'll see about finding oil tomorrow.
  6. 4breezes

I have an owner's manual, and have actually read it, cover to cover, most of it. It came with the Jetta when I bought it in January, at 65xxx miles. The manual pack, 1 larger book and 3 smaller books, appeared to be brand new, as though they had never been opened. What it is lacking, for my...
  7. 4breezes

Thank you sir. Now that I have displayed my lack of Jetta knowledge, is there a "Jetta CJAA Book for Dummies"?
  8. 4breezes

I'm fairly new to the Jetta world, and am starting the learning curve for my 2014 JSW. Therefore my questions will be pretty basic for a while. I'll be putting a skid plate on my Jetta, primarily because of the road I drive to get to my daughter's house. Following a storm there is frequently...
  9. 4breezes

ID Parts A5Skidplate and Sideskirts

The skidplate I received from them (not yet installed) for my 2014 JSW measures 3/16 inch thick. It seems very sturdy.
  10. 4breezes

Hatch Latch

All done. I replaced the locking latch on the rear hatch. It now works as advertised, and doesn't make that ominous chattering noise. I thank you all for your help, your suggestions, and for pointing me in the right direction.
  11. 4breezes

Hatch Latch

I think you all have solved my problem. Many thanks. The locking mechanism itself is cheap enough, so I'll go that way. My remaining question concerns the camera. Will the unit on Amazon keep the camera fully functional? I'd hate to lose that now that I'm starting to get accustomed to it.
  12. 4breezes

Hatch Latch

And the tale goes on. I spent the weekend at my daughter's, and the latch behaved itself. I opened and closed the rear hatch a number of times with no problem. I got home mid-afternoon today, and the hatch would not open. I tried opening it using the fob, and I tried using the release in the...
  13. 4breezes

Hatch Latch

Good answers so far. Both have possibilities. I'll work on it Monday when I get home. I'm at my daughter's now, without the proper tools. On top of that, I'm not sure my torque wrench measures nm. 10nm converts to 7.376fp. I took a quick look and saw no little rubber donuts. Where should...
  14. 4breezes

Hatch Latch

I have a new to me 2014 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. I've had it about two weeks. It's an adjustment from my old Trooper and my F350. The Jetta has a problem with the rear hatch. A lot of the time it doesn't want to latch when I close it. It just bounces, but doesn't latch when I close it. This...
  15. 4breezes

Parting out 2005 Passat wagon (gasser 1.8t 4 motion)

Thanks for your quick reply, even though it's in the negative. Your offer to measure your other cargo cover fitments is very kind, and will be helpful. It would be great if you could specify what model year each fits. Thanks for your help.
  16. 4breezes

Parting out 2005 Passat wagon (gasser 1.8t 4 motion)

If it's still around I might be interested in the cargo cover for the rear area. Could you measure the length, or maybe it's the width of the unit as it sits across the car? I need it to fit my 2014 Jetta. The length of the unit, as it sits across the Jetta, is 46 3/4 inches. If it's...
  17. 4breezes

Bluetooth in 2010 Jetta Sportwagen

I thank you both.
  18. 4breezes

Bluetooth in 2010 Jetta Sportwagen

I'm strongly considering buying a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen, and have one in sight. I've read a bit, and have a question about it's bluetooth. Everything I've read about bluetooth for 2010 seems to speak about Apple, and makes no mention of Android. Will my Android phone work in a 2010 Jetta...