Search results

1. B

05 passat 5 speed swap questions

Frans thank you for the help. I sent you a email. What else is needed to complete the swap that is not included in your kit
  2. B

Where is everyone getting their swaps? Does everyone order them from over seas or are there cars here in the states where everything will match up?
  3. B

Im rarely on the freeway. Maybe 3 times a month for only 5-10 miles. I live in a rural/suburban area so i guess it would more like drive 3 mikes then hit a redlight. Then another mile and hit a redlight. Then 2 miles and a stop sign. Not really stop go redlight every 500 foot.
  4. B

This is great info thank you so much. Did you do the swap yourself?
  5. B

What is a fhn transmission
  6. B

Thats very nice of you sir. Im all the way north in ky. The car is a sedan. I do have alot of experience in the mechanic world. I just wanted to order everything and make sure i have it all then i was going to take some vacation time from work and knock it all out. Plans were to do the swap...
  7. B

Hey guys, i believe my tourque conveter is going out of my pssat. Makes a whining noise going doen the road. I emailed frans a few times but just want to confirm that his kit comes with everything needed for the swap except the clutch, flywheel and tune. Going to delete the balance shaft as well...
  8. B

First tdi. Newbie questions

Cant figure out how to add pictures or videos in here
  9. B

What is torsion value and how do you change it? Also i will drop a video of the noise. Only happens when vehicle is in motion. I hooked a a code reader and there were no codes for the torque converter or the trans. Just a p2100 and a p0401
  10. B

Thanks for the reply! How does someone confirm its the tc rather than bsm? What tune do you have and how many mpg do you average?
  11. B

Hello guys, just bought my first tdi a few days ago. 2005 passat. This car was 1 owner, he gave me a folder full of reciepts and a record of every service that had ever been done on the car since 2006. The car does have 281k but it was garage kept. This car was immaculate. Scored it for 1300 and...