Search results

1. E

Is this a reasonable idea for heating WVO?

I'm also very curious about this. I heard 20% gasoline is a good number. BTW I think mixing the gasoline with the dirty oil prior to settling would make the settling process much faster and more effective since the mixture would be thinner and will allow the dirt and water to sink faster
  2. E

Does the euro-spec 2005 bora tdi have the ALH engine?

I was looking on autoscout24 and I noticed that some of the 2004 and 2005 boras have 90 horsepower, just like the 2003 jetta and golf with the ALH. When did the ALH end in the Boras? What else could the engine code be...
  3. E

Do you think a vw golf alh 2002 would be easy to get away with in Stockholm amidst the diesel ban?

I don't own the car yet so I was unaware that dark smoke meant inefficiency. But this is great news! Along with adding rubber underhood insulation this will be well worth the risk
  4. E

Do you think a vw golf alh 2002 would be easy to get away with in Stockholm amidst the diesel ban?

I would register the car at a rural family member's address so there would be no tests to pass in the small towns, it's only illegal to drive in Stockholm. However I'll be attending university in Stockholm and my worry is getting pulled over by the police when they see the black smoke. I've been...
  5. E

Stockholm has banned all diesels that cannot meet the Euro 6 emissions standards which includes the 2002 tdi. The point of this law is to reduce emmisions which my biodiesel will accomplish on it's own so I'm morally in the right to ignore this law. Is anyone familiar with how strictly these...
  6. E

This diagram below might work if you remove the heat shield on the catalytic converter and replace with a hollow cylinder-shaped gas tank. By keeping the fuel lines along the exhaust manifold any gelling would be melted after around 5 minutes of running on diesel tank
  7. E

I would use a dual tank system and in the second tank after the engine has heated up I flick the switch and the WVO tank runs through metal fuel lines and wraps around the catalytic converter enough times to heat it past 170 Fahrenheit? Also when using a heating WVO system I know 170 F is the...
  8. E

Is the european mk4 golf variant tdi the same as the north american mk4 jetta wagon tdi (ALH)?

I found this offer on AutoScout24. https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/volkswagen-golf-iv-variant-1-9tdi-edition-tuev-neu-gruene-1h-diesel-silver-cee27abe-d619-4784-b642-a720f9319313?utm_source=ios-share&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=share Final price: € 2,790.- Mileage: 248,000 km First...
  9. E

IS 1999 purely an ALH year for the jetta and golf?

Looking through the forums I saw that the ALH years for the jetta and golf are"late" 1999 (sometimes called '99.5) through to 2003. What does this mean? Is every stock 1999 golf and jetta guaranteed to have an ALH? Or is there an "early" 1999 model with an older engine? While I'm at it, is...
  10. E

Dyed diesel??

Around what percentage of taxed diesel does coloured diesel usually cost? (near the GTA)? For reference the prices on taxed diesel are around $1.50 per litre right now and continue to rise where I live in Toronto. I can't find any prices on coloured diesel so does anyone have a ballpark number...
  11. E

Can you still get an alh golf that won’t need repairs in the near future?

Is it possible to find a golf alh 2002 in europe that won’t need repairs for at least 2 years of frequent driving, under $3000 CAD? I found a few on AutoScout24 that look to be in good condition
  12. E

Question about Golf Cabriolet MK4 90HP

I'm considering the 4motion Golf as well but I'm not sure how reliable the 20 year old AWD system would be? I would get one with under 300k km and minimal rust In this picture it shows the engine code for the cabrio as ALE. Is the only difference between ALH and ALE emission controls? Do you...
  13. E

Question about Golf Cabriolet MK4 90HP

Is the Europe-only 99-02 golf cabrio with 90 HP mechanically identical to the 99-02 golf(ALH) in Canada? I’m strongly considering importing one, but the low prices have me wondering if this car is just as reliable as the non convertible. Heres an example of what I’m looking for...
  14. E

Eurospec ALH with 150 hp?

When looking at the "First registration date" on used cars in Europe, does that year always represent the model year?
  15. E

Eurospec ALH with 150 hp?

Today I was researching the eurospec ALH since I’m hoping to import a TDI from europe later this year, and looking back I remember reading somewhere that a certain eurospec model came stock with a 150 hp ALH paired with the vnt-17 turbo. I couldn’t find anything else on it and I lost the tab...