Search results

1. G

Tallest tire for 16" wheel on a GSW

The car posted by user: T4RBoarder, do you have any trouble with clearance or rubbing?
  2. G

2015 SportWagen Fault Code

In my many years of owning VW TDI vehicles I have noticed that their are good dealers and then there are dealers that absolutely are the worst ever! I have 3 VW dealerships within an 80 mile radius of my home and 2 of them are the worst you have ever seen, while one is the BEST I have ever...
  3. G

2015 GSW Fuel Gauge is Inaccurate!

So I purchased my 2015 TDI GSW brand new after it sat on the dealer lot for 2 years awaiting release from the Dieselgate scandal. The very 1st thing that I noticed and has annoyed me ever since has been the inaccuracy of the fuel gauge. The gauge can show well over a 1/4 tank of fuel left...
  4. G

New circulation block heater for B4 - FrostHeater

Well worth the money! FrostHeater is a must for any TDI in the cold climates! Excellent price as well! I paid over $150 for mine 3 years ago!
  5. G

WTB: Lift Pump for 2005.5 TDI JETTA

Well, the car ran flawlessly when I first bought it. I mean, there was absolutely no stumbling whatsoever on a 85 mile drive home. However, after 2 days of driving back and forth to work (40 mile round trip) it started to stumble and the engine would actually die at an intersection while...
  6. G

ALH motor, BRAND NEW, not rebuilt ZERO MILES - Virginia

Ok, I kinda of understand now. These engines could have been used by the EPA to test for emissions correct? I mean why else would the US Government need a bunch of VW diesel engines sitting around? I guess they could have used them for generators.......
  7. G

ALH motor, BRAND NEW, not rebuilt ZERO MILES - Virginia

Just out of curiosity.......why would a government contractor have SEVERAL ALH motors? I didn't know the US Government had their minions running around in TDI vehicles....
  8. G

WTB: Lift Pump for 2005.5 TDI JETTA

I recently purchased a 2005.5 TDI Jetta from a guy whom told me it had algae in the tank and he even showed me the old lift pump that he had just replaced. It had black stuff all over it. Well, the car ran flawlessly for about 220 miles and then each day I drove it the stumbling would get...
  9. G

06 BRM JETTA's - High Mileage (200k+) Post it!

Just purchased a 2005 Jetta with the BRM and and auto tranny last night. Has 193k miles on it and just had the DSG service, timing belt/water pump and a new PD140 turbo installed all at 187k miles. I think I got a pretty good deal on the car, the guy was originally wanting $5000 for it, but...
  10. G

Picked up a new Beetle for the wife - 2014 Beetle TDI

Ahh yes, Denim Blue! I have the exact same car, except mine is a DSG and a convertible! I have 80k on mine and it performs flawlessly! I am thinking of doing an APR tune on it. Suppose to give it 20 more HP and 40 more ft. lbs. of torque.
  11. G

Dealership Trying to Push Me Into Phase 2 Fix!

Well, to be honest with you, it only had 8000 miles on it less than a year ago and that's when I decided I needed to drive it more before something stupid happened and it was out of warranty. So, I got rid of my 2004 TDI Jetta and got this thing on the road, and have been driving it daily ever...
  12. G

Yes, I am aware of this, however I thought we had more time to get phase 2 portion of the fix completed.
  13. G

2015 TDI GSW with 6MT. I was at the dealership which I purchased the car from 2 years ago for my complimentary free oil change. (I received the 10k, 20k and 30k services for free with the purchase of car). Anyway this was for the 20K service and my car rolled into the shop with 18,500 miles on...
  14. G

Beetle TDI Real World MPG

2013 TDI Beetle Convertible with DSG tranny. Usually get 36-38mpg on average and that is going by the miles driven divided by gallons at the pump. I never trust the dash. Doesn't matter to me though, I am very happy to own a TDI convertible! I had always dreamed about converting my own about...
  15. G

Has anyone upgraded their stock headlights?

Hey thanks for the links! I like theses the best: https://www.becautoparts.com/collections/headlights/products/2014-5-17-mk7-golf-hid-headlights-2018-r-style
  16. G

Beetle and Beetle Convert. Roll Call. Who's out there?

I bought my wife a 2013 TDI Beetle convertible in denim blue with a black top back in July. It was a one owner buyback vehicle that they did the fix on and re-sold to me. It has the DSG tranny in it and is a blast to drive with the top down. I have noticed a little stutter from time to time...
  17. G

Has anyone upgraded their stock headlights?

I own a 2015 GSW and was wanting to update my OEM headlights to something like the ones that come stock on the Golf R. I believe they have the LED daytime running lights. I was wondering if anyone has done this upgrade? Is it as simple as plug and play? I would like to find a wrecked Golf R...
  18. G

Am I gonna get pulled over if I do this?

This modification looks hideous! Why would anyone want to do this to a passenger car? It absolutely does nothing! Except make people look at you and think you are a complete idiot!
  19. G

2004 Jetta TDI for sale

What part of Illinois? When was last time you replaced timing belt?
  20. G

Buying USED '15 TDI, Phase II $$$

So, if you have a car that has the 1st phase completed, you will not be compensated for having phase 2 completed?