Search results

1. R

Replacing camshaft

Morning forum I was replacing my new cam shaft in the 1.9 alh in a hurry and over tightened #2 bearing cap now a crack resides in the side . is there any chance someone would know of where I could locate another ?
  2. R

MK4 ALH engine machine shop

Thanks for the procedure references and getting me up to speed johntf it will help and yes I read alot of vcds and figured it be my new best tool for VW and have one now. csstevej glad you were able to save the engine and I thought I read something like that had happened to others with botched...
  3. R

Thanks John for your reply That is correct coming from the gasser world this is my first dive into vw's and there tdi . Any input is gladly accepted . Before dis-assembly I set the engine to TDC through the service hole marking via the bell housing. I was not able to lock the cam in place...
  4. R

Good morning forum I recently bought a jetta wagon manual second hand and am doing the timing belt at 169K . I noticed the crank was off by about 4 teeth from the TDC mark in the bell housing while using metalnerd timing belt tools setting the cam. while it isnt my daily yet I want to pull the...