Search results

1. Vladtdi

ALH Build Help

Should I keep the stock ALH pistons?
  2. Vladtdi

ALH Build Help

Alright, the exhaust and pipe work I can do my self and wouldn’t cause me much. Let’s just put that out of the equation. I have nozzles .260. I can always upgrade later. Tune is covered as well. I rather go with the gtb2060 as it cost $200 more and you can get more hp out of it. I hear it...
  3. Vladtdi

ALH Build Help

Understood. You also said 300hp isnt going to reliable so I think ill go with 200whp and id be pretty happy with that. GTB2060 sounds good with me. If I go with this power level what would be needed? Do I still need pistons? rods? Headstuds? Machined Head? Upgrade BHW oil cooler? ETC... I...
  4. Vladtdi

ALH Build Help

I would like to keep it under $4k I will definitely check it out, I haven't heard of this route so I will have to do some more research on that. I would like to take at least a month, max 2 months for this project as I would like to get rid of my current daily driver and enjoy this VW for...
  5. Vladtdi

ALH Build Help

Hello everyone. I am having a dilemma about what route I would want to take with building my 2003 Jetta ALH as this would be my first time rebuilding a motor. Let me start by telling you what I would be using the car for: It would be my daily driver, some light towing from time to time...