Search results

1. DieselOx

[SOLD]: 2005 White Golf TDI 5 sp 53k miles $8500 obo - Baltimore

Asking $8500, reasonable offers considered. 5 speed, with factory sunroof. Very clean, inside and out, for its age. Seats, cloth, have no tears, or even much wear. Some scuffs on the front bumper, may have usual paint scuffs here and there, but nothing major to point out. Needs a decent...
  2. DieselOx

[SOLD] 2005 TDI Golf manual, 50k miles feeler - Baltimore

An acquaintance has a 2005 TDI Golf manual with about 50k miles. They drive it once a month. Assuming average condition, what's a good range of value for it? They just want it gone, were asking about places to donate it. I'm asking for photos and condition, I'll post updates when I get some...
  3. DieselOx

Good bye and thanks TDIClub, it's been a great 5 years

After spending the first 6 Sundays of the new year wrenching on the Golf, I'm done. My kids are nearly teenagers and we were only driving my truck on long trips so the Golf was not a good fit any more (at under 10k miles a year, it was always more of a pipe dream anyway: new commute is only 10...
  4. DieselOx

Feeler: 2000 Golf 5sp 4 door sunrf heated seats Spokane, WA

[edit: sold, thanks. $7500,FYI] Plan on selling soon. 158,XXX miles. Everything's in great shape. Black, with tan cloth interior, hidden hitch, rubber floor mats, panzer skidplate. Exterior still shiny, a few chips here and there, NO dents at all. Being the PNW, I'm thinking around...
  5. DieselOx

2005 Passat Wagon TDI (CL Portland, OR not mine, but I know the PO)

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/2824879496.html In researching this passat wagon, the carfax suggested it might have been my daughter's 3rd grade teacher's car here in Spokane. I spoke to them today and it turns out it was, no question about it. If you're interested here's the...
  6. DieselOx

BSM replacement clues, can you tell from the outside?

I'm looking at the elusive '05 Passat Wagon TDI, trying to decide if I want to trade the headache of my Golf (growing kids, 2 large dogs, 12 year old plastic bits that keep breaking) for the headache of the laundry list of time-bombs on a 100 to 140k mile Passat Wagon, and 7 year old plastic...
  7. DieselOx

re programming for new key fob w/vcds?

So the key fob went through the wash, now buttons not working (key blade still starts the car, as does the valet key). I tried to dry it out, batteries good, iso alcohol and hairdryer, 4 days on a window sill, nothing. I need a new one, but don't know if I'll be able to match it up to the...
  8. DieselOx

Suggestion: update the used tdi buying guide

The how to buy a used tdi makes no mention of the cam/lifter issue in PD motors, and nothing about HPFP problems in 2009/10/11?. There may be other omissions, but those are the most glaring to me; I'm not knowledgeable enough to make a comprehensive list, someone else should look it over and...
  9. DieselOx

The holy grail, 03 silver 5 speed wagon, portland cl

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2312107566.html
  10. DieselOx

1996 B4V on craigslist PA, $2500

Someone grab this before gr$$n c@r c() flips it for $10k (if it's legit. says he's the original owner): http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/2308819474.html
  11. DieselOx

Thermostatic t won't seal to filter

It was fine in the old filter (bosch), got a new wix (all I could find on a Sunday), leaks like mad. It feels like the second o ring won't engage. Found a bosch, feels like the second o-ring engages fine, but still leaking like mad. I suppose the T could be bad, but it has no visible cracks...
  12. DieselOx

More frequent limp mode now a no start sort of

So it's a long story, sorry, here goes: History: Since I got the 2000 Golf (see signature) about 4 years ago, I've gone into limp mode maybe once a year, then 2x a year, and in the last six months it's increased to the point of every time I get on the highway not totally warmed up with the...
  13. DieselOx

HOAT coolant question

So my Dodge ate a water pump in one year (replaced it a year ago), bearing wore so badly that it threw the serp belt off. OK, the tensioner was worn also, helping or causing the off-tracking belt, I don't know. So it has a new WP, tensioner and serp belt. What I'm wondering about is the rust...
  14. DieselOx

3rd gear synchro toast: quick ?

Really, it's totally gone, double clutching works perfectly, all other gears are like butter, really. Will I need to totally dismantle the tranny to replace? It already needs a clutch (well, actually a throwout bearing, clutch and DMF will be replaced with the proper SMF at the same time)...
  15. DieselOx

How did the hoodlums turn on my 'ignition'?

Last night 3 13 year old kids broke into my Golf and tried to take the stereo. They woke me up, I watched them for a few seconds dumbstruck, and then quielty called the cops; 2 of the 3 got caught a few blocks away (they we're on foot, how far could they get?). Anyway, something I can't...
  16. DieselOx

Sweet 1986 BMW 524td-craigslist seattle

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/678022408.html if only it was a wagon, I might not be able to resist it. (no connection to me)
  17. DieselOx

96 Passat wagon 52000 miles? no price (craigslist, not mine)

http://delaware.craigslist.org/car/674413293.html or would that be 352k miles? I'd check it out but it's too far realistically. Chris
  18. DieselOx

new nozzles, new sound: rythmic ringing (and a DBW plug)

First, a huge thanks to drivbiwire for cleaning, installing new nozzles (bosch p520, same as a sprint 520, I'm told), and pop testing my injectors. One day turn around, and his ultrasonic cleaner does a beautiful job. Anyone on the west half of the country should consider him if you need...
  19. DieselOx

2002 Jetta TDI Wagon, Auto, $12.5k, craigslist Spokane

I saw this ad a while ago, as of yesterday the owner's had no one look at it (emailed him a couple times). It's kind of out of the way, but the price sounds fair. If I didn't already have my Golf, I'd get it and do a manual swap when the tranny dies. Has between 90 and 100k miles on it...
  20. DieselOx

Is 0W30 too light for summer in my ALH?

Would Elf full tech (0w30) be too light for the summer (2000 ALH)? We get about 2 weeks of 90-100F here, the rest is in the 70's to 80's. I hesitated (probably not long enough) to ask, but it's not in the "which oil" sticky, I searched, and read as much of the UOA thread as I could take, no...