Search results

1. Vwkaferman

Upgrading exhaust, nut seized on turbo nut

Howdy! Apologies for not being around much. Life routine. Finally pulled the trigger on a turbo back 2.5” exhaust. VNT-17 since I bought it a few years back. Got the easy to access nuts loosened, going for the invisible one it gave me a little trouble and finally broke loose. Welp, it sure did...
  2. Vwkaferman

After local shop did timing belt, can't get into ECU to retune

Howdy! Had my timing belt done a few months back by a local shop. They made some adjustments (not really sure what, fuel if I recall). Was wanting to push my original Stage IV Malone tune back in it to see if I notice any difference and well, my TuneZilla once connected to the car says "Can't...
  3. Vwkaferman

Time for exhaust (2003 Wagon)

Ok! I’m ready for a better flowing exhaust. I see choices are limited out there, especially for wagons. I see Kerma has one, a bit pricey. Would a better option be to find a good shop locally to fab one up? (Cat back, straight through) James
  4. Vwkaferman

Welp, it's official, heater core is DONE-Fer!

Shucks. I'm pretty sure it's had a pinhole leak for quite some time. Windshield fogs up initially when put in defrost, eventually clears up. Today rolling around taking logs, pulled back into driveway and smelled coolant. Hmm, I wonder if that's what the puddle was in my garage when I was...
  5. Vwkaferman

*Not mine!* 2003 Jetta Wagon TDi Phoenix cheap!

Wow! If I had room I'd scoop it up for sure. Ad says it's a manual and the miles don't seem too bad. I bet this goes fast! Phoenix, AZ. $1500 https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/phoenix-2003-volkswagen-jetta-wagon-tdi/7596908696.html James
  6. Vwkaferman

Not a TDi, Barnfind JettaMino!

Not mine obviously and not a TDi but regardless of the negative comments on Barnfinds, I like! Would be fun in a hopped up ALH. https://barnfinds.com/ute-conversion-2000-volkswagen-jetta/ James
  7. Vwkaferman

Another "My alarm is going off for no reason" thread

Howdy folks. Ok, have been dealing with the random car alarm going off for quite some time. Have done some reading, seems hood sensor/switch and or drivers door switch are the typical culprits. Finally got Ross-Tech USB/OBD-II reader, did an auto scan and no errors. I've read that you can get...
  8. Vwkaferman

"Pop" goes the alternator pulley

Yay! haha, skid plate caught it, nursed it home as the batt light was on so I figured it was the belt that had popped. Got back home, heard the pulley slide across the skid plate. Dropped skid plate, yep, there she is: Since this will be my first time really "wrenching" on the car (2003...
  9. Vwkaferman

Kayakers, come on in, roof carrier/rack question(s)

Howdy gang! The wife and I have a couple of Kayaks that we like to dump into the river (Salt River for the local Phoenix folks) that's just 5 minutes from our house. Typically we use my truck ('93 Cummins, 8ft bed) but I might be getting rid of it soon. My 2003 Jetta Wagon has the rails that...
  10. Vwkaferman

My stupid head

Heh, car sounds like fun. If I had the funds, space, I’d be on it. My idiotic idea as of late is to have one of each Jetta Wagon minus the 2.0 (sorry!). Would be cool to have a TDi, 1.8T and VR6 wagon :) . https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/tucson-2003-vw-jetta-wagon-18t/7514682203.html James
  11. Vwkaferman

Another "NOT MINE" find: 2000 TDi ALH Golf, 5 speed, Arizona

Doesn't look to shabby! I'm sure it will go quick! 2000 Golf TDi ALH 5 speed Phoenix AZ James
  12. Vwkaferman

**Not mine!!** 2004 Passat awd 6 speed manual Tdi in AZ

Saw this on Craigslist here in AZ. I texted to see if it was still available and if so would post it here in hopes that it would go to a good home. https://showlow.craigslist.org/cto/d/lakeside-2004-volkswagen-passat/7460345082.html He left me a lengthy voicemail about the car. Apparently it’s...
  13. Vwkaferman

First flat/blowout in the Jetta

Well poop, Changing lanes on the way into work this morning on the highway, boom object in the road, no time to react. Felt like I hit a typewriter, it was SOLID. Instantly knew the tire was blown out, coast it on over to the side to check things out. Of course I'm an idiot and NEVER checked...
  14. Vwkaferman

Mobil emissions testing van spotted

Howdy folks, Phoenix area. I was in my TDi wagon going East bound on the 60 then to the 101 North. Right as you're about to transition onto the 101 N, there was a van to the left. It had sensors on both sides of the road. Prior to that, right at getting off of the 60 there was a warning sign...
  15. Vwkaferman

Diesel mechanic posted on Craigs, anyone here?

I saw this browsing Craigs today. I know in the TDi mechanic thread by State, they were saying the one place in Phoenix that the guy had left or something. Really should put it on my radar to get the timing belt service done before too long...
  16. Vwkaferman

Newish to me TDi (a few months now) and seems to be driving even better?

Maybe it's my brain playing tricks on me, or I'm getting used to driving the car, shift points etc but MAN, it seems like it's "settling in". Original owner put a Stage IV Malone with upgraded injectors, turbo. Do these things "learn" even with a tune? Or maybe it's the cooler weather (Arizona)...
  17. Vwkaferman

2003 Jetta Wagon TOO low in the back...coilover woe's, help?

OK! Just bought this car, original owner put on coilovers (unknown brand). I kinda like how it sits up front, if not maybe raise it 1/2". I measured the front vs. rear and decided the back end needed to come up 1-3/4". I looks like I'm hauling a load of bricks back there. SO, raise up the rear...
  18. Vwkaferman

New to me 2003 Jetta Wagon TDi manual

Yay! I just about bought this car sight unseen. Every time a Wagon TDi manual came up, it was usually gone the same day. I just happened to be working in LA when this one popped up. I got on the phone with him, sent him $250 via Paypal WHILE on the phone with him. Upon arrival my heart sank a...