Search results

1. N

Noise after head swap

Hello I just swapped the cylinder head on my Bhw motor after the timing belt slipped. followed the steps down to a tee. Replaced every single nut bolt and washer. Also had the injectors resealed at a diesel injection shop. Now there is a tapping/knocking noise coming from the engine, sounds...
  2. N

Transmission cooler lines

I kinked and bent my transmission cooler lines when I had the car in service mode. does anyone know the part number for the cooler lines or where I can get them? And if it’s ok to possibly temporarily drive with1 line kinked? Thanks
  3. N

Bhw died, crank no start

Was driving my Passat home when I had it floored around 100 and noticed nothing was happening. I experienced this before when it goes into limp mode so I shut the car off ( forgot to put it in neutral but realized right after) I went to start the car as I was cruising but it would not start. I...
  4. N

Bhw issues after cam replacement

So I just recently had the camshaft replaced on my Passat. The shop advised me that they did the injector seals as well even tho I did not ask. now when I go to get the car, it has zero power. It even shifts a little iffy but it struggles to get up to speed. Starts and idles fine. They said...
  5. N

Gmr transmssion rebuild Ontario

Hello. Im posting this for a friend of mine. He has a 05 passat tdi with 330k km bought second hand with transmission issues. The car does not go into reverse untill its warmed up and then it clunks into reverse. Looks like somebody may have already tried changing the fluid. He was wondering if...
  6. N

Chrome door strip

Does anyone know how to remove the chrome door strip on the drivers door? I have rust bubbles forming at the end of the strip and want to remove it to repair the rust underneath. Thanks
  7. N

Bhw stumble

my passat has a stumble and it seems to have started recently. it only happens when the engine is cold and at idle it feels almost like a miss and just stutters around. you can't really hear it in the motor but can feel it in the car. i know before i would get the odd miss here and there. as...
  8. N

Bhw exhaust options

I was looking to get more of a diesel sound on my bhw and more turbo whistle. is it a cat, muffler, and resonator these cars have? I was thinking of maybe cutting the muffler and resonator off, Does anyone know what it may sound like then and if it will have a drone? Thanks
  9. N

B5 Axles

Does anyone know if gsp axles are good on the b5 passats? I see German oem sells them and I know they normally sell quality products. I also see napa has a lifetime warranty on their axles but seems to have mixed reviews. I would like to explore other options before spending a lot on raxles.
  10. N

B5 passat fenders

Does anyone know if fenders from a 2002 or 03 passat with the side marker lamps will fit in a 05 passat with no side marker? Thanks
  11. N

Second opinion on Atf change

I just wanted to get some second opinions here from someone with more experince. my 2005 passat tdi has 223k km on it which has been a mix of highway and city. it was dealer maintained and the trans fluid was never changed. I took it a shop to get it changed and they had drained a little to...
  12. N

b5 passat bsm questions

I picked up a 2005 passat tdi one owner dealer maintained its whole life with all records and most oil changes being done ahead of time ( I know the dealer uses 5w 30 instead of 40). the car is practically like a new car inside and out except for the rusty fenders. i had an alh before but...
  13. N

alh alternator

so the other day i tried changing my alternator pulley because my tensioner was bouncing at idle. I ended up stripping the inside so I can't get the pulley off so I had to get a reman for 200 by remy. before this I never checked the pulley it self as I just assumed it was bad since the vw...
  14. N

Alh crank sprocket

So I believe my front crank seal may be leaking. I took it to v dubb performance in Toronto and will be getting it worked on soon. my question is I heard there's a keyway that usually gets messed up? The mechanic there and another mechanic I know both mentioned its easy to get stripped out. I...
  15. N

Issue after interior swap.

so recently I swapped my interior for all leather in my jetta. Everything works fine except for some reason the passnger door dome light no longer works. The car also dosent recognize this door anymore and will lock when its open. I heard about the door lock modules but if its that how come it...
  16. N

Alh injection pump

2 weeks ago my alh threw a p1562 quanity adjuster upper limit reached code with a check engine light and flashing glow plug light but ran perfect other wise. Today after driving it to work and home when i went to start it up the rpm starting stuttering and it threw the glow plug and check...
  17. N

Alh turbo upgrade

Im looking to upgrade to the vnt17 turbo soon and go with a malone stage 2 or 3 tune. I currently have .205 nozzles, do you think this would be good enough for the vnt17? and how is the lag between the 17 and 15, would you recommend keeping the 15 for the stage 2 tune instead? I feel as if it...
  18. N

Turbo health

Hello, recently I drained the oil from my intercooler and about a small cup of oil came out, it was never checked before as far as I know. 1k later I checked again and I got maybe a quarter of a cup of oil or very slightly more. Mainly city driving but not much stop and go and I do the...
  19. N

AC issues

I have a 02 jetta that seems to be having a ac issue, the ac is not blowing cold and when turned on the radiator fans do not kick on, im not sure if thats normal? I can hear what sounds like the compressor a little bit on start but when turning on and off the ac it dosent sound like it comes...
  20. N

Alh egt gauge

I know this question was probably asked before, I have .205 nozzles and going malone stage 2. Do you know if a egt gauge is required or necessary? I will be putting a boost guage. Also, if I do get a egt guage where in the turbo should I drill? I hear many say on the second r in garret.