Search results

1. holeintheice

2015 CRUA

Yes. All 4. Not used to these smaller fancy engines. Only used to replacing one wire glow plugs. Didn’t want to over torque. Thanks Pedro.
  2. holeintheice

2015 CRUA

I answered my own question....
  3. holeintheice

2015 CRUA

Looking at torque spec for the GP. Normal says 12 N.m one with pressure sensor says 17 N.m. All for look the same. Have read that just number 3 is a pressure sensor. Not sure what to torque to. Assuming all 4 have the pressure sensor. Any info is much appreciate. Thanks, Tom.
  4. holeintheice

2015 gsw tdi locks go ka-razy.

Fortunately i have a couple buddies at Audi. Yeah i have read some crazy stuff and heard about electrical issues/ concerns. Gives me an excuse to get out into the garage. I appreciate the feedback Nuje.
  5. holeintheice

Sounds like a Ford Transit... I just did a wiggle test and nothing. My key fob started freaking out and blinking red like morse code. Key probably dropped in water or something. When i bought the car they said everything was "good". When i recieved the title work i got a slip for "vehicle...
  6. holeintheice

Good morning to all. Say, when i hit lock on my fob the doors keep locking. Read about a possible switch? I was leaning toward bad fob but this morning my windows went up too.....? codes are b122d29- lock unit for centeral locking system implausible and another one not sure if has to do with is...
  7. holeintheice

TIMING BELT QUALITY

Also when inpescting the crank mating surface, even if it were inward on the "first" seal would see it on crank. Smoother looking surface on crank where seal was riding.
  8. holeintheice

TIMING BELT QUALITY

I put the seal on with lip out. i do have the tool also to install. old one faced out. video i found from over seas, lip outward too. New flange i bought the lip was leaning outward too. Put on 100 miles and no leaks. if it does leak then i will be using the press installer too. that came with...
  9. holeintheice

TIMING BELT QUALITY

Just pulled off front main seal... the lip of seal is pointing outward??? i bought the install tool. i remember a tsi rear main seal goes inward.... is this correct thought with the TDI front main of seal lip pointed outward?
  10. holeintheice

TIMING BELT QUALITY

Bought a timing kit with the fancier water pump from that there IDparts. Just did a oil change. Thinking of doing a front main while there. Anyone recommend the oil pump belt too or is that "lifetime"?
  11. holeintheice

TIMING BELT QUALITY

For pete sakes. Things can not be simple anymore. Thanks, Tom.
  12. holeintheice

TIMING BELT QUALITY

What is the different in W/P? I see one qith a pigtail and other not? Hepu water pump? Do I spend the extra $120? Thanks, Tom.
  13. holeintheice

TIMING BELT QUALITY

Wow a lot cheaper. I appreciate rhe responses. Thanks, Tom.
  14. holeintheice

TIMING BELT QUALITY

HELLO. CALLED THE DEALERSHIP AND WAS QUOTED ALMOST A THOUSAND FOR A TIMING BELT KIT, WATER PUMP TOO. ANYONE RUN A GATES TIMING BELT ON THEIR DIESEL? AFTERMARKET WATERPUMP? THANKS, TOM.
  15. holeintheice

Random Engine Hesitation

Day Late and a Dollar Short to the party. Say, was directed here from a post i started. Wifes 15 passat tdi 80k miles. Same thing, does not stall though. It's almost a dead mis feeling only on one cylinder. Sometimes faint sometimes i think a motor mount is about to break. No CEL. Cam and Crank...
  16. holeintheice

Random Engine Hesitation

So i bought a Lab Scope. Watching crank and cam sensors i can see no drop outs. Did your sensor replacement fix or? Have read pin point just says to replace it.
  17. holeintheice

2channel vs. 4 channel

Bought a Triton D10. Own a small business. I have all sorts of different vehicles big and small come through. Not just VW. I do appreciate your input. I did watch a video of a cat with a 8 channel scope, had multiple pressure sensor transducers too. Thing is gnarly. Lots to learn and new doors...
  18. holeintheice

2channel vs. 4 channel

Just sold my Apollo D8. Was looking at buying a Triton D10. What do people use most 2 or 4 channel. I get, rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Is it worth spending the extra money lets say for a Zeus new or used?
  19. holeintheice

Random Engine Hesitation

Anyone know if a snappy scanner will tell me this waitsig yada ya? i would check but upper oil pan off wifes car now. Same issue, was lead to this thread. Hers happens only when warm. Dealership told me i had **** fuel. Calling BS. Same as everyone else too, no codes. Has gotten worse over the...
  20. holeintheice

***Tires***

Well I smoked a pot hole. Or did it smoke me. LF tire 4" gash. Dude at Discount sold me on Continental Something SRSplus. Night and day obviously since i was rocking 4 in front and 2/32nds in rear. Was going to try and make slicks out of em haha. First time getting a flat from a pot hole. Make...