Search results

1. V

WTB Corrado TDI Swap

I know they are not very common, but looking for a corrado with a full TDI swap. I’m located in MD, but willing to travel for the right car. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. V

Knocking under drivers side panel/wheel well

Just getting my car back in order and forgot there is an issue when braking hopefully. Can figure out. When applying the brake, there is a single knock and it seems to coincide when you hit the brakes hard enough to cause the car to shift its weight a little. Not sure if it’s probably...
  3. V

2002 Jetta TDI Manual - 3000 obo

Looking to sell this car as I don't drive it as much as I thought I would and could use the money for some house funds. This car just received a high mileage timing belt (~300 miles ago) and a bunch of new parts (including an engine with ~161k now) listed below with mileage accordingly: •...
  4. V

FS: 2002 Jetta ALH 5 speed Not Running

Delete Decided to put a new motor in her to keep going.
  5. V

Idparts rotors and ceramic pads

Has anyone own the Fremax carbon rotors or the idparts ceramic pads? If so, any advice or reviews on them? I'm looking to replace all four soon for a daily commuter. Wanted something for the random spirited driver too. I also noticed they had an affordable set of stainless steel lines and was...
  6. V

5 Speed Swap ~25% MPG increase!

So, I have had my car for roughly 6 years and the mpg has progressively gotten worse. The lovely 02' "slushbox" was getting worse and worse. I couldn't afford to do the swap until I finally graduated college and got a job. Luckily, stumbled upon a 2000 TDI donor car for $800! So began the...
  7. V

WTS: 15" Avus OEM Wheels

Sold!
  8. V

Intermittent oil pressure light...

I've searched around and have read many issues with the mysterious intermittent oil pressure light going off relating to the pressure switch and kind of just looking for validation. Background of the car : 256k was an auto that was slipping, switched to manual, regular oil changes with 5w-40...
  9. V

Jumpy Needle In Speedo at Idle

As the title states during an idle after just starting the car the speedometer needle is jumpy from 0-10mph while just sitting there. The RPMs stay at a steady idle with no fluctuation. This continues even after I drive it and stop just a little down the road. However, after the engine...
  10. V

WTB Windshield Wiper Apparatus

I am looking to replace my MKIV Jetta windshield wiper motor/everything. It has officially crapped out and am looking for a strong working replacement being shipped to 21122
  11. V

It's getting cold out... Car wouldn't start yesterday, but is fine today

I'm having a serious issue. My '02 Jetta TDI (auto) is randomly not starting on colder days. Not all cold days just sporadically. The battery is fine as are the glow plugs. The car has 229k on the engine and transmission. I have no idea what the problem could be. Could a severely clogged intake...
  12. V

Random Grindish Noise

It seems every time I drive my jetta there is a grinding noise at random moments. Mostly when I begin to accelerate from a stop is the loudest. You can hear it while the motor is at an idle as well anyone have any clue what this could be? the car runs fine but doesn't seem normal/healthy to...
  13. V

Feeler 02' Jetta TDI

I am thinking of selling my 2002 Jetta TDI automatic. it's black on tan cloth. The car has an aftermarket headunit from alpine and a amp wired for a sub. The car has 124k on the engine and oil changed every 5-7k. The paint is not terribly messed up a few scratches but the front bumper was...
  14. V

Trouble Starting

Ever since the cold weather has come upon us my car has had more of a difficult time starting. Some days it will take more then 5 turnovers until it fires up. But, when it does fire up it seems to idle rough for a few mins then oddly stops. I dunno what's wrong never had this problem before...
  15. V

Sounds like a diverter valve

I was driving on the hwy today and as i was accelerating I was hearing what sounded like either air being sucked in or blown out and when I released the pedal it made somewhat of a noise as a diverter valve would. Only thing I have done to the car is a chip and egr blockoff plate... Any...
  16. V

EGR Valve Leak

I just added the blockoff plate to my egr valve and put the rest back on. Everything is back on how it was before just the accordian pipe is blocked by the plate. Is this done correctly? There seems to be a little leak of air when the valve meets the intake manifold... Any help will be...
  17. V

EGR Valve

Duplicate, delete
  18. V

FS: DG Race Pipe

I have taken this off my car recently due to the fact of new information to me that having this on an automatic is not such a good idea. I am selling the racepipe and gasket along with the screws it came with. This was only used about 200 miles and that is about it. I am looking to get around...
  19. V

DG Race Pipe

I was doing a search and couldn't come across what the rubber nipple on the pipe itself is for. I couldn't figure it out and I plugged both of the vaccum hoses. If I did anything wrong please let me know. Thanks
  20. V

Intake

I was thinking of doing a Advanced Auto Parts special in making my own intake setup. Do you think it's worth it I believe it would run me about 30 or 40 dollars. Any suggestions/comments? I just wanna hear my turbo and everything a little more would this help?