Search results

1. K

Crazy Unknown Oil Leak BEW

I don't see any oil trails leading from either of those places down the front face of the motor. Is it possible to leak from the head gasket? Are there any oil chambers along that edge? I can't get down that far behind the plastic plate to see.
  2. K

The snout is the housing around the crankshaft that the crank shaft seal goes into. not the camshaft. It is also called the Crankshaft seal Flange. The plastic part I'm referring to is the plate behind all the timing components, that the tensioner hooks to when you tighten the timing belt. I...
  3. K

I have a 2004/5 Jetta w/ BEW engine. I noticed last time I did the timing belt there was oil present in the snout. Replaced the front main seal, valve cover gasket, and Oil filter housing. Figured I have one leak lets just fix all potential points of failure at once. Still having a leak...
  4. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

Got the injectors back from the machine shop, all tested and rebalanced. One of the injectors was damaged and was dumping fuel into the cylinder. All seems good now, running smooth. Thanks for all the help everyone.
  5. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

I'm dead nuts in the middle on the timing graph. Operating temp @ 190F
  6. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

I got it adjusted but I still have more white smoke than a Willie Nelson concert. I'm thinking of pulling the injectors and having them checked out. I may also have an issue with inj. qty settings. Need to find default values and verify. Any other suggestions?
  7. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

I checked all the wiring, Everything appears to be connected just fine. I did not find a gnd line in the harness. I did grab ye old multimeter and checked for continuity between the engine and the body and it rang fine on multiple points. Gauges work fine, everything appears to respond to the...
  8. Timing.png

Timing.png

9. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

I gapped the rings to 0.010" I also quadruple checked the timing.
  10. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

Got it to crank but now were in a no start situation. I used a little magic juice, just for verification, and it will run. I bled the fuel system; I have good pressure at the injectors, but it still won't start. Has a runaway been known to damage the injectors?
  11. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

Working on a car in 110 deg heat blows. So I have been slow to get back to the runaway debacle. - decided to drop the pan and pull the pistons. Good thing I did, #4 top ring was cracked in 3 places and the edges were rolled. Thankfully no major scaring in the cylinder wall. - Honed the block...
  12. K

2004 BEW No Start

Sorry for the delay in response, been crazy hot here in AL. So working on a car in 110 Degree heat sux. Pulled battery and topped off charge. Pulled timing covers and checked timing marks (Off by 3 teeth). Inspected belt, did not appear to see any damage. Not feeling all that confident in the...
  13. K

2004 BEW No Start

Yes Out of curiosity I measured the Resistance on the crank sensor, and it came in around 502 ohms. from what I have been reading this should be between 700 - 1000. But yet the vagcom isn't registering this as an issue.
  14. K

2004 BEW No Start

I have fuel coming through the pump/reservoir, still no start.
  15. K

2004 BEW No Start

I pulled fuel through the filter to the fuel rail. I didn't pull anywhere else. I will look into the tandem pump and head.
  16. K

2004 BEW No Start

I have a 2004 Jetta with a BEW in it. It recently just died. Everything has been running great no issues then poof, nothing. I have run the vagcom on it and got the following: Saturday,02,July,2022,15:11:48:16365 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version...
  17. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

I've use Dorman on a number of other projects in the past and never had any quality issues before. At this point there is only 3 more bolts and its out. I have to re time everything anyway and its sitting there on the self in the garage. The added pressure wont help with fuel...
  18. K

Runaway Recovery!!!

I finally get all the tweaking and tuning done on my 2000 Jetta. Then the new turbo I had on it decided to relocate all the oil in my pan and not so politely shove it into my intercooler and intake. Needless to say the resulting runaway was more than entertaining. So apparently I get the...
  19. K

Replacement High pressure Injector lines

I completely re worked the top half of the motor. It’s mentioned in another thread when I was trying to get it up and running. New timing belt, lifter buckets, new injector nozzels and pop tested and balanced.
  20. K

How can you tell if a car has a tune in it?

Well, I found some of my missing power. Apparently my MAP was bad and giving an improbable signal to the ECU. Scarry thing is no CEL for it. SO odds are the guy who had it before me really jacked with the ECU. I'm starting to get a baseline put together to rework the tune. Now the MAP is fixed...