Search results

1. D

Identifying Characteristics of my ALH

I've got an 03 Jetta TDI wagon that I'm absolutely in love with. I love mine enough that I got a co-worker convinced to pick up a TDI himself for his commute. Well I've told him what I get for milage, and his isn't able to quite match mine, so now I'm doing some research on what got mine to this...
  2. D

Whining After 5th Gear Swap

I've got a 03 Jetta 5 speed. I recently picked up a .658 5th gear swap and installed it. Got new fluid in, put back together, and took it out for a drive. I get the noise heard in the video. Everything shifts fine, everything feels smooth, ran through all the gears. 4th gear is probably the...
  3. D

Shift Stuck Between Gears

I've got an issue on my 03 wagon tdi 5 speed. I was taking off down the highway away from the stop sign. Everything was going alright. I went to shift from 4th to 5th, something felt like it caught or something, and now my jetta is stuck in a neutral between 4th and 5th. There's not much...
  4. D

Clutch Diagnosis

First off (as it seems to be the theme for this type of post), I have done some research, but I would just like to get a second opinion. I have a 2003 wagon at 150k miles, with Bosio 520 injectors, mild kerma tune (as previous owner stated), and stock beyond that, including EGR, turbo, and...
  5. D

ALH Straight Pipe

Hey all. I am looking to straight pipe my 03 ALH Wagon. I'm in Nebraska, so I'm not worried about emissions. I have been doing a bunch of research, and some of the key takeaways I found are: - I will want a 2.5" pipe for a nice balance between performance improvement, turbo whistle noise, and...
  6. D

WTB MK4 Catback or Turboback Straight Pipe

Looking to buy a straight pipe for my Mk4 TDI Wagon. I haven't decided if I want a catback or turboback, so I am open to either. Can pickup in person if somewhat close to central NE, or pay for shippin
  7. D

My Screw Up

Hey all. So to make it short and sweet, my 03 alh jetta wagon 5 speed was running beautifully. Well I hit a large pot hole a little too spiritedly and afterwards, the car now has a vibration. It does it idling regardless of clutch pressed or not. It does it driving, pretty consistently. The only...
  8. D

MK4 TDI Straight Pipe

I am looking to do a straight pipe on my 03 Jetta TDI Wagon. Obviously you run into the issue of the current exhaust that shoots down underneath of the car. I have done some looking, and could not find a very direct and straightforward answer/solution. What is your guys' best recommendation...
  9. D

Post-Timing Belt Change

Hello All, So I just got done doing the timing belt replacement on my 03 ALH. I used all the proper tools to get the job done, and followed the DIY guide that is very well known to this forum. IP pin was in the correct hole, everything was in line. Throw everything back together, along with...
  10. D

High Wear Items Life

Hey all, I have recently acquired a very nice 2003 Jetta Wagon. This is my first TDI, but have done a ton of research beforehand, so I am very aware of all the temperaments that these cars can have. This car had the whole shabang done (water pump/ timing belt, etc) done at 75k miles back in...