Search results

1. powermandan

GTB2060VKLR Building a boost map.

I'm about a month away from fitting a GTB2060VKLR to my 1.9AFN When I have done turbo swaps in the past, I have been fortunate to be able to get the OEM boost map and just tweak that. As they have all been from 1.9/2.0L engines. However the 2060 is from a 3 litre engine. So that's not going to...
  2. powermandan

GTB2060vklr Cad drawing?

Does anyone have a Cad drawing for a VKLR exhaust flange they would be willing to share? Thanks in advance Dan
  3. powermandan

Which GTB turbo

Hello all. Ive got used to my Hybrid BV43 and now I fancy something with a bit more poke. I estimate my Van is running around 230hp. So a nice jump would be to 260hp ish. Seems like the likley candidates are: GTB2056VK GTB2056VL GTB2060V GTB2060VKLR GTB2260VKLR Can anybody confirm if the...
  4. powermandan

AFN, AHU, 1Z , ABL big end failure.

Bit of story, I rebuilt a AFN engine and sprayed the block etc. The First thing that happened was the BV43 Turbo self destructed and snapped the shaft on the way to the tuners... At the time I put it down to poor tuning (was surging badly) and maybe the oil feed, it had a dark side style...
  5. powermandan

11mm Bosch VE pump problem

Hello everyone. Ive built a AFN engine with a 11mm ALH pump and .260 Injection nozzels. So I've been having problems tuning it. What I have found that is the pump voltage map is very odd below 2000rpm. From all of the factory maps I have looked at. The voltage applied to the actuator looks...
  6. powermandan

ALH pump swap timing question

So I built a new AFN engine to go in my van -1.9 AFN -.260 nozzles set a 210bar - 11mm ALH pump To complicate matters, I have also done a gear box swap and the original TDC does not align with gearbox mark. I found TDC with a dial gauge on the bottom of the rod with the sump removed. So when...
  7. powermandan

Oversized head gasket

Hello everybody! I'm looking to rebuild a 1.9TDI AFN for more power. My original plan was to bore the block to 81MM ( standard is 79.5) to accept BHW pistons. Which should give me something close to 2.0 litre capacity. Also because it's cheaper for me to get BHW pistons than the first repair...