Search results

1. D

Mk4 tdi , wondering about smf parts ?

We're gonna be pushing some big power I this one so I don't plan on it lasting very long . More so just wondering if a 2000 vr6 clutch kit will work with a g60 flywheel
  2. D

Mk4 tdi , wondering about smf parts ?

I'm manual swapping my 2000 golf tdi and I'm looking to upgrade to a smf . I'm wondering if a 1990 g60 flywheel with a 2000 vr6 clutch will work ? Is this the original conversion or is it an older vr6 clutch ? I know I can buy kits but I get good discounts at my local parts stores so if I can...
  3. D

Mk4 jetta motor and trans out the bottom or front ?

Wish I would of read that this morning lol I pulled the trigger and just pulled it out the front
  4. D

Actually it will absolutely clear the subframe no problem . Nothing in the way it'll go straight down for sure but I'm wondering if it's common to do it this way
  5. D

I know its super easy to pull the engine and trans as one out the front as I just pulled my good motor that way this morning but I don't want to drain the ac refrigerant if I don't have to . I do have a full hoist to lift the car and a engine picker so lifting the car isn't an issue for me ...
  6. D

Need help after runaway !!!!

The car is worth fixing and i just bought another motor for it for a couple hundred bucks so we will be good
  7. D

There's no wear and tear involved. Was a perfect running motor . Ran away for 15 seconds . Now we have bent components . Im positive
  8. D

I'm sure the compression numbers were good just by how good the car was starting up and running . Like I say it was probably the best running tdi motor I've ever heard . Which is why this is such a bummer lol
  9. D

The car has a newer starter on it then the known good motor so I doubt it
  10. D

Mk4 Cold compression numbers ?

Got around to testing the known good motor today and compression is 420 , 410 , 420 , 445 so I now have an answer .. bent rods . Just was expecting one or two to be bent and not sure why compression is down across the board .. odd to me While cranking the good motor over I noticed it cranked...
  11. D

Got around to testing the known good motor today and compression is 420 , 410 , 420 , 445 so I now have an answer .. bent rods . Just was expecting one or two to be bent and not sure why compression is down across the board .. odd to me While cranking the good motor over I noticed it cranked...
  12. D

Its a blue point diesel compression test kit I bought brand new just just this purpose so I'm pretty sure it's accurate and yes there was a valve in the fitting. I'm comparing it against a known good engine today. As I have mentioned in the post above yours clearly stating that I left the...
  13. D

That's what I'm thinking too . Just wasn't sure with the cold numbers. Very odd to me that every cylinder would have damage tho Was trying not to remove the head was only looking for a good reason to pull the motor for scrap or rebuild with a sound mind knowing it's done for, just didn't get...
  14. D

Haven't checked the belt honestly because I can't can't a good post about how to check it ? And haven't had it on the hoist to look under it yet . Yes I turned it over before hand with plugs out with a white towel over the holes and nothing came out that i could see. and yes all plugs were...
  15. D

So today I got around to compression test the motor . Keep in mind the outside temperature was 6°C and the engine was not warmed up to operating temperature . Psi is as follows 1234 : 320 280 240 230 Went back to cyl#1 and got 330 These numbers are obviously too low . But it's odd to me...
  16. D

I know it can be done but I have no idea how much to add or anything so we're gonna put that one to the side . I'm gonna compression test a motor i have in a parts car thats on the yard and see if the compression is the same or not and go from there .
  17. D

The oil level in the engine is fine, almost positive the runaway was cause from oil in the intercooler from the vehicle sitting for too long with a leaking turbo as it only ran away for a few seconds upon full throttle and then calmed down (the other option is the injection pump putting out...
  18. D

2003 jetta tdi manual with an ALH motor . Trying to diagnose why my motor won't start after a runaway (bellowing smoke if it does) I am reading that to do a compression test the engine has to be warm at operating temp (80 °C ) . But my problem is its 6°C here and the motor wont fire and run...
  19. D

No power with front clip removed ?

Sounds like it does. I was trying to get it to fire and run before I pulled the glow plugs. I have fuel to the injection pump and comming out at the injectors but it doesn't sound like fuel is getting to the motor (cranks for days and doesn't stumble or choke or put out any smoke or anything)...
  20. D

No power with front clip removed ?

I found the issue everyone . The positive wire off the battery terminal was loose .. assuming it was taken off when buddy took out his sub when I bought the car . This forum is great tho props to @MATPOC for giving me the idea to look there