Search results

1. B

Which tie rod brand to go with?

Why such condescending comments on my threads, 740GLE?
  2. B

Which tie rod brand to go with?

I’m looking to replace my tie rods. I’m just wondering which brand to go with. I have white line sway bar links and it appears they don’t make tie rods for my 2015 Golf.
  3. B

VCDS Turbo adaptation fail

I have a boost gauge that measures psi just before the map sensor. It reads just over 0 at idle and it only has markings up to 30psi however. So when I say 50+ psi it’s already jumped way past the 30 psi mark and I’m just guesstimating to it’s actual reading. Malone says the issue is that I...
  4. B

I believe there is some confusion here. I am unable to do a full pull because if I keep pulling past 2k rpm it will build boost to 50+psi (which I did once and the motor shook. Very scary!) I do not want to go past 30psi because that will most definitely cause motor death quite rapidly. This...
  5. B

I’m getting 30psi at 2k rpm in a 3rd gear pull from idle. I definitely need the adaptation so that it can adjust the values throughout the range of rpm accordingly. It won’t spoil the turbo during adaptation to learn the new values. Im not getting any fault codes so I’m fairly certain that I...
  6. B

Do you think that the tune is the problem?
  7. B

I bought the stage 4 tune from Malone and they have adjusted the voltage so that the ecu is happy with what it sees. Before they adjusted the voltage it would have a constant limp mode from startup. My issue with the adaptation is that it never spools up the turbo even though VCDS will run the...
  8. B

Yes, it’s the GTD1752VRK from darkside developments. I am getting voltage on the actuator position sensor from fully closed to fully open(1.5xx volts up to 3.6xx volts). Vacuum is good. It just seems as though either the ecu and VCDS aren’t communicating (which I doubt because VCDS says the...
  9. B

Oh I forgot to mention that the 30 psi boost at 2k rpm is from a 3rd gear pull from idle. I have logs if anyone would like to take a peek
  10. B

So I've been trying to do an adaptation for the new turbo I installed, but when I run the adaptation I don't get any spooling on the turbo. It stays at idle until the test says it successfully completed. I'm getting 30psi of boost at 2k rpm and it goes into limp mode (overboost condition CEL) on...
  11. B

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

They told me that they were aware of this issue, but there hadn't been a recall for it. I'm sure if you still have a warranty they would most likely work with you. Although, I hadn't done anything to mine except peel off the part that cut me... Also since it did cut me, I think they took my...
  12. B

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

I forgot to mention that the thin aluminum trim around the shifter boot came up and cut my hand when I was pulling something out of my little compartment below the a/c controls. (Not sure the mileage, but I think it was around 60k) I contacted VW Customer Care and they approved to pay for my...
  13. B

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

My ‘15 has 97,250 on it. Changed the starter around 70k. Nothing else really except for normal stuff. Just finished putting on a darkside GTB1752VRK kit which includes the dpf/egr delete and darkside tubular exhaust header. Had a code caused by the dpf before I deleted it. Malone stage 4 on it...
  14. B

If you give me a $$$$ amount, I can help you out a bit more. I spent $4,000 on my kit and I...

If you give me a $$$$ amount, I can help you out a bit more. I spent $4,000 on my kit and I installed it myself and bought the tune from Malone and flashed that myself and did all the logs for the tuners as well. The kit I got included the delete and the tubular header though.
  15. B

I’m not too familiar with the CJAA motor, but they definitely make bigger turbos for it...

I’m not too familiar with the CJAA motor, but they definitely make bigger turbos for it. Darkside Developments only works with tdi’s. They are the most knowledgeable around for anything TDI. Check out there website and you’ll get a good idea of what you can do. Bottom line is your power is...
  16. B

Performance headers

This seems to be the case with the one I purchased. The quality is definitely there. Their customer support is easy to work with too.
  17. B

Performance headers

The Darkside header is not welded. It’s stainless and it uses a v-band clamp for the turbo and another v-band clamp for the downpipe. Also it’s a gtD1752vrk. Just wanted to clarify. Here’s a link to the exact kit that I purchased...
  18. B

Performance headers

Check out darkside developements. They have a nasty header that I just picked up with the GTD1752VRK. I got their full kit with the dpf, egr delete along with it. I have the CRUA EA288 motor (2015 golf with oval ports). You should post your model though so we know what you got to work with.
  19. B

Darkside GTD1752VRK oval port kit install

With VCDS I know the current value, but I do not know the start and stop values. I’m thinking that it doesn’t have any parameters for the start and stop because the actuator isn’t moving anywhere but to this one spot, no matter what the boost pressure is.