Search results

1. Alhjetta00

WTB MK4 Black Leather Door Cards CT Area

Looking for black leather door cards for a mk4 Jetta sedan in good condition. Located in CT
  2. Alhjetta00

WTB Black Leather Seats MK4 CT Area

Looking for black leather front seats in the CT area. No cracks/rips
  3. Alhjetta00

"Clank" sound front suspension

The bracket that the pads slide on is part of the steering knuckle. It's all one cast piece. No bolts. I took the caliper off again just now to check. There's lot of movement in between the guide pins and the rubber "bushing" that's in the caliper. I guess I'll replace those next.
  4. Alhjetta00

There are only thing that hold the caliper to bracket on the steering knuckle is 2 guide pins and they are both as tight as I can get them
  5. Alhjetta00

Hello, I am currently experiencing a very loud clanking sound from my front driver side suspension. It happens over small to medium bumps and sounds like something is falling off the car. It is definitely a sharp metal on metal sound, not a clunk like you would hear from the swaybar. It started...
  6. Alhjetta00

Terrible fuel economy alh autotragic

Maybe it is too low. I have a few hills on my commute that are too steep to use 5th gear (shifting up from 4th at 2000 rpm), so I use fourth and rev it out to 3500ish before I shift so I don't lug. However, I can say I did lots of driving with my laptop open with vcds logging my instant mpg and...
  7. Alhjetta00

I figured I should add another update.. my last tank was 918.1 miles on 15.416 gallons for 59.55 mpg 75% highway 25% city. I've changed my driving style significantly. I also choose a route that I can cruise at 60 most of the way there and back. I shift before 2000 rpm and try to always stay in...
  8. Alhjetta00

Bizarre acceleration hesitation

Still experiencing this issue. I replaced the fuel filter, did a Liqui Molly diesel purge, issue still persists. Kind of at a loss. I drive almost 100 miles everyday, so it's become super annoying. As stated above, it happens when getting into boost. I wonder if there is a problem with the tune...
  9. Alhjetta00

(Delete)

Hello, looking to buy the trim piece that surrounds the steering wheel. I only need the bottom piece where the keyhole is. In this link you can see both the upper and lower piece...
  10. Alhjetta00

Okay, I agree. I set the IQ as low as possible before it started shuddering after doing the QA seal today. Still has the same issue. I read in another forum that someone was having a similar issue and it turned out to be the egr. Tried disabling the egr by plugging the vacuum line going to it to...
  11. Alhjetta00

I'll try that. Broke the Quantity Adjuster seal when doing the hammer mod yesterday so I'll have to replace that and then set the IQ. If I remember correctly, the engine stuttered at anything below 4. As for the turbo, eventually it will grenade and I'll have an excuse to get something bigger...
  12. Alhjetta00

Hello, I'm experiencing a very strange issue and can't find any forums where anyone has the same issue. Most noticeable in fourth and fifth gear, under around 40%to80% throttle, the car seems to shudder, or hesitate, like it's misfiring. It very shortly (fraction of a second) loses power then...
  13. Alhjetta00

Update: I did the manual swap, malone stage 3 tune and added underbody plastics. My mpg now while also "enjoying the tune" is 40, which is fine by me. It's amazing how much of a difference the manual makes for fuel economy. I'm sure with a lighter right foot I could bring that up to 45-50...
  14. Alhjetta00

2000 Jetta Tdi auto to 5spd swap Q&A

For anyone looking to do this, everything from the beetle fits the jetta. The only problem I had was the clutch line coming from the pedal interfered with a line coming from the abs module, but with some patience you can make it work. The 99 New Beetle has different linkage ends and a different...
  15. Alhjetta00

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

Quick question.. the plastic piece attached to the shifter boot from my donor beetle appears to be square whereas the hole in my previously auto jetta's trim piece is an odd not so square shape. I bought a new shift boot for a jetta, will that fit in the hole or do I need a new trim piece...
  16. Alhjetta00

I recently swapped the nozzles in my Jetta for .205 Bosio Sprint520's. I believe they are from the European 110hp TDI but I could be wrong. I'll keep the ones from the Beetle as a back up too. Thanks for the help.
  17. Alhjetta00

So my jetta is low mileage, previosly owned by an elderly couple, and was garage kept its whole life. The beetle was owned by a kid who clearly didn't maintain it. It's just too far gone for me. My jetta is an auto, the beetle is a manual. I want to swap the tranny and related components from...
  18. Alhjetta00

You're right, that was an accident. I checked the thread the next day and it looked like it hadn't posted so I pressed "post thread" again. Sorry.
  19. Alhjetta00

Alh Jetta auto to manual swap Q&A

I recently purchased a 99 Beetle with a 5spd with a blown turbo as a donor car for swapping my 00 auto jetta. Not the best donor out there but I was tired of waiting for one to show up on marketplace under a grand. From what I've read all the parts should be the same. There is some concern when...
  20. Alhjetta00

I recently purchased a 99 Beetle with a 5spd with a blown turbo as a donor car for swapping my 00 auto jetta. Not the best donor out there but I was tired of waiting for one to show up on marketplace under a grand. From what I've read all the parts should be the same. There is some concern...