Search results

1. The Cream Dolphin

Not sure what is wrong.

So Nox walks into the bar and sits down. The bartender asks what he wants, so he orders an old fashioned. He asks the guy beside him how he is, but he does not reply, as he holds his empty glass. Nox just mutters "jerk" and shakes his head, what a weirdo. The bartender hollers over to the...
  2. The Cream Dolphin

Parking for several months.

'0̷2 ALH, any advice? It will likely not be insured again til fall, but it may do the odd little plateless jaunt late summer around town, but it will not move for at least 2½ months. I plan to disconnect the battery, I half filled the tank, and dumped the rest of my power service in (mind you...
  3. The Cream Dolphin

Good looking 82 Rabbit pickup FS Kamloops BC, 6,0̷0̷0̷

Looks like it is in good shape, not a load of info but it is AAƵ swapped, runs, and comes with a second parts one with a 1.6 N/A. Rust free. Boy do I want to sell my golf for this. Link
  4. The Cream Dolphin

Possible zerostart issue. - Update

I occasionally get code P0̷60̷5 - Internal Contr.Module ROM Test Error, and it comes with P1563 Quantity adjuster lower limit stop value, both are static. They pop up now and then, but I just recently clued in it is every time I use my zerostart. It appears as an engine light, with flashing...
  5. The Cream Dolphin

Cheap DIY rally mudflaps.

I have never done a how to, but I wanted to give back to the community and share my process. Even if it is a bit of a lame one, it was fun and I like the look of the end product. Enjoy! So I have always wanted mudflaps on my golf, but do not want the OEM style that covers the paint and causes...
  6. The Cream Dolphin

ALH injector return lines - 3mm?

I am replacing my injectors coming up shortly, and want to have some return line on hand. I see on IDparts it is 3mm diesel rated line, is that 3mm I.D.? I want to make sure I get the right stuff, I could not find specifics about it. I would order from IDparts, but the border crossing is not...
  7. The Cream Dolphin

Mk7 back seat stuck down.

My Mum has a 20̷19 mk7.5 (gasser, mind you, but everyone here is so helpful with my ALH) and the back seat is stuck down. I found a suggestion to park on an incline and kneel on it to get it all the way down, anyone have other suggestions? It has been a while now, and she does not want to pay...
  8. The Cream Dolphin

ALH downpipe stud snapped

I am trying to replace my leaking downpipe, and yep, I cracked one of the three studs. Any advice? I am pretty sure it is a replacable part? struggling with what to do next, any help would be awesome thanks.
  9. The Cream Dolphin

Basic timing help OBDeleven

I have an 0̷2 ALH Golf, and I want to find out what my current timing is. It has been having a slow start. I have put a new battery in, checked the glowplugs, adjusted IQ (it is at 4 now), cleaned the intake, rebuilt the starter with new components, and cleaned the MAF. Still slow starts in...
  10. The Cream Dolphin

Beautiful indigo NB 5sp FS $5,949 BC CANADA - Not mine

I saw this and I even want to go buy it but it is not the time for me. A 20̷0̷0̷ alh beetle sounds pretty sweet. It looks to be in perfect shape, sunroof, heated leather, 5speed manual, 288,0̷0̷0̷km, has summer tyres and a set of studded winters. What a car though, maybe I will go pick it...
  11. The Cream Dolphin

flex pipe weld vs clamp/sealant

My flex pipe is leaking, and it is one of the last major things on my list for the year. I want to ideally just replace the flex pipe rather than the whole downpipe, but I may eventually get to a scrapper to try to find a whole down pipe. NOT looking for upgrade or new I am trying to be cost...
  12. The Cream Dolphin

Does cleaning only EGR valve make sense? Intake port fears.

EDIT - adding it is an 0̷2 ALH Golf, stock. I have been reading extensively about cleaning my EGR, intake manifold, and intake ports, but I am nervous about the intake ports. I am hesitant because pulling the valve cover, making sure the valves are closed, and ensuring I clean it right seems...