Search results

1. D

Charlottesville, Richmond, Fredericksburg Meet-up

I am planning to have a Charlottesville meet-up which would include anyone in Richmond/Fredericksburg area. I have a place in Mineral VA that we could all meet at and drink some beer, have a chat, swap parts, swap stories etc. this is about 45 minutes between each city. I know there are...
  2. D

Richmond,Va TDIers

are you interested in meeting up to help me with some repairs? I live in a townhouse and don't have much space. I could pay you in beer, spare parts or cash. I have a shop but I'd rather pay someone on here.
  3. D

Richmond,Va TDIers

I am jumping back into this forum after a move that kept me busy and I am now playing catch up the maintenance of my aging TDI ( Jetta 06 BRM). I don't have time or patience do the repairs it needs myself and while I have a good import shop in Charlottesville, I would rather pay someone on here...
  4. D

2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread

seems to be more people subscribed than are talking. I'd definitely be interested.
  5. D

Richmond,Va TDIers

Mine needs the alternator replaced. You familiar with that job? Im going to take a look at it this weekend.
  6. D

Richmond,Va TDIers

I actually live in a cul de sac with 3 othere TDIers! only met one of them so far. What do you drive @JimTom?
  7. D

Richmond,Va TDIers

I’m in Charlottesville
  8. D

OEM sacks 2006 VW Jetta McPherson struts

OEM mcpherson struts off of a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta. Still in good condition, see pictures. $100 shipped Color coded pink orange blue blue.
  9. D

06 Jetta BRM cruise control stopped working

The cruise control was working fine, then the ignition interlock seized and I had to have a new lock and interlock housing installed. This requires taking off the steering wheel and working in the steering column. After the shop did this repair, the cruise control stopped working, and the airbag...
  10. D

Multiple MK5 items for sale

Sent you a pm. I don’t have an account on the vortex
  11. D

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Currently $3.09 in Charlotteville,, VA vs $2.99 for gas.
  12. D

///// TDI economy Challenge : 60 MPG at 60 MPH /////

That’s good info on the tire diameter. The taller final drive ratio is what I was aiming at for my reasoning behind taller tires working better. Looks like the OP already bought his set so he won’t need to worry about that.
  13. D

///// TDI economy Challenge : 60 MPG at 60 MPH /////

This sounds awesome! Good luck to you and keep us posted with how everything goes. The way you drive is probably more important than anything else. As for weight savings, have you taken out the spare tire yet? That should help. Your new tires may actually hurt MPG for the first several...
  14. D

Richmond,Va TDIers

Nice to meet you Andrew. I am hopefully going to change out my camshaft in my 06 BRM engine in the next few weeks. Possible going to have a member here do it. If you want to help or know of anyone familiar with the process that would be great. -David
  15. D

Richmond,Va TDIers

I know this thread was from a Pre COVID world but wanted to say hello to all my fellow Richmond area TDI owners. I am actually in between Richmond/Charlottesville. I have friends in Richmond and was just in Carytown yesterday. I’m new to Tdi engines so if anyone is doing work in this area and...
  16. D

2006 Jetta TDI 5-speed driving to Florida this weekend.

Thanks for the reply, and congratulations on the sale.
  17. D

2006 Jetta TDI 5-speed driving to Florida this weekend.

Wow great car, good pictures good price. I just bought a 2006 Jetta or else I would be all over this car. Question: have you always pushed 60mpg or was that only after the turbo “fix”. I am getting about 45mpg with 90% highway on my commute.
  18. D

FS: Frost Heater MK4 Headlight Washer & IC Sprayer

What car did you buy this for? I know they have different set ups depending on which vehicle it is for.
  19. D

Help with a Camshaft R&R

Thanks! I appreciate the reply. I have read several of the posts on here about it so I feel like I am able to do it. I just need to gather some tools. Hoping to find someone to help as this is a new car to me and I am unfamiliar with it.
  20. D

Help with a Camshaft R&R

Anyone in the area that has replaced their camshaft on a 2006 1.9L BRM TDI? Alternatively, anyone in the area that is replacing their Camshaft and wants to do it together? I've never done the job before but after reading the how to and watching some youtube videos I feel like I am capable but...