Search results

1. A

AHU no start, can't bleed Injection pump

Ok so a mechanic friend came over today, tested and all seems ok, except glow plugs not getting power, charging the battery tonight so hopefully will get it to start tomorrow now we know the fault 🤞🤞🤞
  2. A

Yeah that's why I found the new loom, I'll put it in intact and then go from there haha
  3. A

I don't have the vcds, and even if I did it would be no good as whoever put the loom in cut out the obd port 😂 like it was mashed together by a 3 year old
  4. A

Oh okay, I will try have a look, spare looms always good to have. I did check the earth's as you mentioned before, gave them a clean up and put them back. Found a lot of cut wires and a couple of small unplugged bits. Getting a book to see where they go too. Hoping if I plug on the new loom I'll...
  5. A

I'm absolutely clueless with wiring that's why, this has been cut about a lot. I have a new loom in the post as of this morning. What is the QA?
  6. A

Ok but if I'm getting nothing really up top and lots in return, could it be a blockage?
  7. A

Worth noting on the bottle seemed to have a lot coming through the return, so maybe like you say the bottom is gummed up and it's coming straight through the return instead?
  8. A

Yeah tried off a bottle too, not heard of diesel purge before though, could be a good shout
  9. A

So fuel lines were correct after all. Getting someone in to check out wiring tomorrow and see if I have an issue somewhere. If not then it has to be the pump surely?
  10. A

I think my problem is buying project cars that don't run 😂😂
  11. A

At this point I'm not sure about anything, a friend said about checking the pump timing or something. I don't know anymore 😭
  12. A

Ok, tried all the above except checking the wiring so far. Installed a new fuel filter and nothing. I also installed a new fuel line as the clear pipe had a few hairline cracks and some tape over it (which filled me with confidence!) However upon googling and trying to figure things out, I...
  13. A

Is that the little spade connector towards the front of that bracket? i have noticed some blue residue on that so perhaps thats the problem!
  14. A

thanks very much for that, ill take a look at that when i next go over there! maybe worth getting someone in worst case to find wiring issues
  15. A

i have ordered a filter for today so fingers crossed, i have no idea if it was ever running as one of its previous owners done the engine swap. I have had it start on easy start however so i would imagine compression etc is good. i will try the filter, if not i will strt a new thread and see...
  16. A

ok, now crank sensor replace, fuel shut off solenoid replaced, still not doing much - on the verge of giving up!
  17. A

i hadnt but i did today and it was, seemed to pull more fuel through after changing the crank position sensor, but then i think i shorted out the cutoff solenoid haha! so im gonna try find one of them now
  18. A

Having similar problems myself, did you ever get to the bottom of this? solenoid i can hear opening if i put 12v direct to it, plenty of fuel in the pump & filter, fresh fuel, new tank. Only getting the tiniest dribble out through the injectors after cranking for ages.